Rain in LA

So I’m heading to LA and rain is in the forecast. Is this a disaster? Drivers going to crash into stuff like they’re in Birdbox?

nah bruh. rain just means i dont have to wash my car till end of it! also two things that happens when there is rain. everyone drives super slow, but traffic goes down because most people just dont go to work.

Great opportunity to drive in a puddle and clean the bottom of your car too.

With all due respect to Nerdy, people in LA tend to drive the same in the rain as in the dry – i.e., stupidly fast – with commensurate increases in collisions.

Just last week I was driving to LAX to collect my wife and on the 105 just West of the 710 there were a number of cars backed up at the off ramp. I saw one car approaching and said, “Slow down!” That car stopped, but just as I passed it (three lanes over, fortunately), there was a squeal of tires and, “BOOM!”, somebody hit that car or the one behind it with a fair amount of reckless abandon.

Ever since democrats took control in California, you’ve got budget surpluses and rain. Thanks for your service Gov Brown.