Software Engineer Loses Life Savings in Quadriga Imbroglio

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-09/software-engineer-loses-life-savings-in-quadriga-imbroglio

“I was going to use that money for a deposit on an apartment, but now I can’t do that anymore," Zou said. “And now I’m currently searching for a job, so it’s kind of a bad time for me."

“I just got caught up in this at the wrong time, I guess.”

This guy has a surprisingly nonchalant attitude about his loss.

And he wasn’t even trying to YOLO on crypto either – just trying to save a few bps on transfer fees. I’d be devastated.

This whole thing is so fishy. The crypto bank CEO dies of Chron’s disease while in India and he’s the only one with the password to hundreds of millions of dollars worth of btc. And, his wife who nobody seemed to know about comes out of nowhere to announce his untimely death. Yeah…this dude is alive and ripped everyone off.

• Dies of a disease that doesn’t cause death - check.
  • Dies in a country that’s notorious for easy access to fake death certificates - check
  • Never before heard from wife announces death then disappears - check
  • CEO of a crypto cold storage facility doesn’t have a contingency plan in place - check

Since all btc transactions are public, this particular block is going to be watched super closely for years to come. Doesn’t really matter though. The guy could transfer them all tomorrow and there’s nothing anyone could do about it.

So basically, they claim that the guy went to India and sht himself to death? If so, what a way to die.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/crohns-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20353304

Anyway, yes, the chance of fraud is high. Apparently, some cryptocurrency security “experts” examined his transaction history or something and claimed that there’s no evidence of him taking those funds offline as the exchange claimed.

Even without fraud, I can’t believe anyone entrusted so much money to some random 20-something guy who runs an “exchange” from his home laptop.