Andrew Yang - JRE

Out of curiosity, what attracts you to both Trump and Yang?

They’re so radically different, I honestly can’t see much overlap.

trump is making america more competitive, and calling out our competitors particularly china. his negotiating tactics imo are working to his favor. he is restricting low npv people immigration, which is a short term boost to gdp but a long term headwind as they age. cons, he is cutting taxes, but not cutting expenditures which is increasing the deficit. he is unable to bring together the nation. he gave tax cuts to the rich. he is attacking hte most productive mega states/cities.

yang wants to help everyone through ubi. wants to cut social security and medicare and give money to everyone. he wants to introduce vat tax, imo a better tax is just a flat tax rate. (it’ll essentially be offset by UBI, and disproportionately tax the rich). I dont like how he wants to give benefits to low tier immigrants. we need to create ways to dissuade them form coming here to limit future liability. 

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Schopenhauer wrote:

Just going to guess he hates Warren that much. 

Warren getting elected would likely be pretty-to-horribly bad for our industry.

For any industry

I think a lot of people like Andrew Yang just because he does not spew as much anti capitalist rhetoric as Pocahontas or Bernie, who blatantly vilify certain parts of the population for political gain. 

Of course, once you consider that Yang’s policy proposals, it becomes apparent that he’ll need to kill many industries and raise trillions of dollars in taxes. 

So, I guess what I’m saying is that personality matters to a lot of people, and also that they don’t really know as much about Yang compared to the others. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

technically ubi will stimulate many industries disproportionally helping the ones that serve the poor. with that said vat taxes are also highly regressive and will tax each node in the supply chain causing higher prices to all end users. but the key is the more expensive the good, the higher the tax. 

many cos can avoid this form of taxation by becoming vertically integrated. you will essentially kill competition in this manner. 

Trillions, TRILLIONZ I TELLZ YA!!!!

In all srs, excluding medicare the Yankee government probably already  spends close to the he same amount on benefits that Yang needs to raise. 

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

LaBoUr PaRtIcIpATiOn iS hIgHeR tHaN eVeR!!! 

Schopenhauer wrote:

Of course they’re different – but I like them both.

As for Yang: I’m really interested to see what UBI would do for those in the country that are really struggling from day-to-day.  It could be a total disaster or it could be a life-changing positive force.  No one really knows how it would turn out on a large-scale across the entire US adult population– but I’d be willing to vote for giving it a shot.

As for Trump: I’m a Democrat – but these days I mostly feel abandoned by my party… and I actually like Trump… so for anyone other than Yang, I’d probably vote Trump (my first time ever voting Republican).

Marathon_runner wrote:

As for Trump: I’m a Democrat – but these days I mostly feel abandoned by my party… and I actually like Trump… so for anyone other than Yang, I’d probably vote Trump (my first time ever voting Republican).

I have officially heard it all now, no point in existing further.

Not a criticism, just have not encountered this before.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Bern - POTUS

Yang - VP

Tulsi - Sec of State

Trump - Press Sec 

Bernie is a clown, he rants and rants but seems incapable of explaining his solutions apart from hurr durr its the corporations fault. 

Saw yangs climate plan and it was impressive. The thing I hate is that none of these platforms  allow him to completely unpack the problems and he is forced to distill it into soundbites for the average person.

If the trucking industry is going to save 168 billion at the expense of 3.5 million jobs, I want to know what the overall  effect on the industry and truck workers  would be on passing legislation to limit the effect of automation on trucking and making sure the current jobs generated in San fran are geared towards solving automation only to address the labour shortfall. There must be a study on this somewhere 

you should never limit innovation esp if it is the cheaper alternative. if people are worthless get rid of them. they can either adapt to something else or receive ubi as a panacea  for their malaise.

quite honestly. if we just opened borders. most americans are already worthless as is.

^ brah I have been to the USA. Most people are angry and frustrated over there. If so many people become redundant there isn’t any wall big enough to stop the masses rampaging and rioting.

If ubi gives someone 12000 and he’s at home 24 hours compared to when he was earning 70000 and  “productive” then I’m not sure how much of a deterrent it would be in the overall picture. As yang says it will help people on the fringes but all those people in data entry, admin earning ~ 50k etc are going to be fuming.

So then you keep raising ubi till it hits the standards they are used to by taxing all that increased efficiency which might curb their anger but they still have a lot of free time and are “unproductive” and a lot of people having a lot of free time has never turned out well historically. Might as well limit this AI **** to places where increased efficiently is not related to profit alone like healthcare, space research etc.

We need some test control studies on this shyte

Kiplinger wrote:

Bernie is a clown, he rants and rants but seems incapable of explaining his solutions apart from hurr durr its the corporations fault. 

Saw yangs climate plan and it was impressive. The thing I hate is that none of these platforms  allow him to completely unpack the problems and he is forced to distill it into soundbites for the average person.

If the trucking industry is going to save 168 billion at the expense of 3.5 million jobs, I want to know what the overall  effect on the industry and truck workers  would be on passing legislation to limit the effect of automation on trucking and making sure the current jobs generated in San fran are geared towards solving automation only to address the labour shortfall. There must be a study on this somewhere 

I think it’s unfair to label him a clown, he’s one of the few politicians that have maintained their political leaning for years without just flowing with public opinion. If you listen to his town hall (or listen to him on rogan’s podcast) you’ll hear his strategy in more detail and although you may disagree with the overall philosophy, it’s logical and sound. 

i already think we have a quasi ubi system in place -whether it be government jobs or bull **** corporate jobs which receive tax breaks - not too mention all the social nets. I like yang’s system of cutting the bureaucratic process (a ubi job in itself), removing the selection process and just paying it to everyone. 

the savings from ai will go to the rich. which will then be taxed byt the govt. who will give back to the poor in order to prevent riots. so the idea is if there are more savings, then you just increase the taxes on the rich to subsidize the poor at the minimal level where they dont riot.

improving efficiency is better than keeping useless people. you are essentially unfairly giving ubi to certain people as oppose to the masses as a whole. its the same thing, but people will be more selective than govt. aka hire hotter chicks  or something.

the data entry people can find something else to do. in the mean time ubi is essentially an unemployment benefit. hell can you imagine if we didnt have social security. we’d have old people doing ****. do you know how slow they are?

If most of the increased efficiency is saving on labour costs then you’re just taxing all that to maintain the lifestyle of former workers except you now have the problem that they are jobless and are sitting around doing nothing. Not all of them will take up painting to occupy their time.

If it is stepping into a gap that people aren’t quite able to meet as of yet then it makes sense. Ubi seems to good clean program that can replace all these convoluted benefit programs but I want to know if it is better in conjunction with legislation regulating what “AI” can do.

Of course methods will have to be figured out on how to prevent American companies “limited” by this methodology being outcompeted in the domestic markets by non Yankee corporations but if most of the people are going to experience declining lifestyles going forward then this is peak state and Americans should figure out how to preserve it even if it is antithesis to the ideas that delivered that lifestyle.

If there is some sort of agreed upon hypothesis that there will actually be lots of blue collar or low skilled jobs that will become available then it makes sense to chase that competitive edge. 

Of course, this could be the next phase of human evolution where the low skilled and less adaptable people experience darwinism but allowing that to happen seems nihilistic. Then again considering the average Americans carbon emissions maybe it would be the greater good or mankind 

Either way, I’m just talking smack 

Who got the studies? Who, who?