How do you feel about destination weddings?

As a guest… I’m going to one sometime in the future and it’s kind of a new concept to me cause most my friend are hood/hood rich and have their weddings close by so many people can come. Curious to see what this is all about.

They’re either an enormous PITA if you are struggling financially / swamped with life or memorable and a ton of fun. Ultimately if you decide to go, might as well get on team “ton of fun” early because eventually all the inconvenience and money will fade (and they’re sunk cost at that point anyway), but the good memories will last and I can promise you if you aren’t on board you’ll wonder later why you weren’t.

good times

I’m about them.

My gf and I went to a friend’s destination wedding in the Dominican Republic. We quite enjoyed it! :+1:

That’s strangely enough where my next destination wedding is. I’ve been a few times already, and I hope I don’t come back this time.

I’m on team “ton of fun”, I guess it’s a lot more common than I thought, I supposed i need to get out more. Will be my first time out of the greatest country in the history of the world.

jesus dude. There’s a whole world out there to see. Smoke a blunt while you’re at it too.

FYI, Pan Am is no longer an airline, you don’t need mustache wax, and no one travels with garment bags.

PM if you want some tips on how to survive abroad haha

Also destination weddings seem popular among rich people. Definitely not common where I’m from

Last destination I went to was out in Davos. Pretty rich for my blood, but it was good rustic fun!

destination wedding is a way to keep the poor people off the guest list!

Nery, where are you going for your wedding? Hawaii? Maldives? Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India? I’m just sorry that bitcoin guy lost his fortune and got his allowance cut 75%. I’m guessing he’s not going to put this on hie bro card any more.

it’ll be local unfortuantely! wifey is a mexican and you know how they like large weddings. i’ll be using bitcoins venue for free! which is equivalent to 10k savings!

Wow, the venue price has increased from $3k/$4k to $10k? I am glad the rental business is going so well. Along with the $10/person catering, imagine the costs you will save. Wait, now that bitcoin guy is making 3x the previous commission, he should pay even more to you. It’s the least he can do given how helpful you have been in counseling him on relationships.

the venue price he charges is around 5k avg for a friday/saturday, but the market price is 6k to 8k (some places charge 10k for 250 ppl). he also has furniture/utensils i can use. so another free thing. so thats roughly 10k conservatively.

i didnt even include catering and the fact that i can bring alcohol. that will prolyl save me another 5k.

Amazing! So it is actually a $15k return from the substantial savings. Imagine if you did this every 1-2 years. You can borrow $50k from your retirement account, spend it on a wedding, and save $15k. In other words, the return is $15k/$50k = 30%. It’s crazy that no one else is pursuing this opportunity.

just have two weddings back-to-back days…$30k saved.

sick returns

as miguel once said,

between you and I As simple as pie baby Such a sure thing, oh is it a sure thing

https://youtu.be/q4GJVOMjCC4?t=141

step 1 get baller friends!

step 2 provide value

op i pray you go to odessa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLb7DPxl7ME

YUM!

Miguel needs a grammar lesson.

It should be, “Between you and _ me _.”