getting rich kids into college

But if we’re being serious, something with free weights.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Mike79 wrote:

ohai wrote:

Nery, are you concerned about “exploding offers”, i.e. what if your wife eats a lot of junk food and expands after age 30? What do her older female relatives look like? 

But in all seriousness, after she pops out a few kids, its hard to loose the baby weight. Life starts to get in the way, and it can become more difficult to find the time to work out unless they are very disciplined (most are not) to use what little free time is available. 

my current plans:

2019 345k (got engaged)*

2020 422k (get married)*

2021 511k (kid 1)

2022 612k (kid 2)

2023 729k (kid 3)

2024 864k (kid 4)

2025 1.02m at age 36! (retire to philippines, have cheap maids/nanny, focus on kids)

anyways since we’re extrapolating data, im thinking im going to die at 80 with about $500m.

with all that time and help she better be insta fit

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Black Swan wrote:

But if we’re being serious, something with free weights.

Right now my workout sets are a combination of HIIT and machines (chest press, fly, shoulder press, curl,etc, plus leg day sets). 

I like to start our with a kettle bell, and mix with rowing, push ups, plank, Russian twists - then get into my sets. Finish off with some running on the treadmill (say 2 miles), then cool down. 1 hour. 

30 minutes: Thighmaster

10 minutes: 8 minute abs

3 x 200: jumping jacks

Cool down: tae bo

Black Swan wrote:

Is this a recommended workout for me, or my wife?

Mike79 wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

Is this a recommended workout for me, or my wife?

how BS stays svelte

nerdy wife in 10 years

Image result for fat latina girl

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

ohai wrote:

That is what colleges essentially do already. If you write Yale a $5 million donation check a month before applications are due, you can bet that your kid’s file will go to the top of the pile. The same applies to children of famous or influential people. On the other hand, scholarships serve to lower the cost of college for smart or poor students. 

I’m not sure that this is a bad thing.  Basically, the rich are subsidizing the poor.  

That said, I know a guy who got into Notre Dame’s grad program based solely on his own merits.  His family was not rich, famous, or influential. 

And he said that it was apparent to everybody around that he was the “scholarship student”.  And it constantly made him uncomfortable.  

82 > 87
Simple math.

After thinking about it some, I would have absolutely no problem with elite universities offering an “auction” for people to get in.  I don’t know that it should be 100% of the student population, but some.  

Say Harvard is going to admit 1000 freshmen this year.  They could admit 900 of them based on academic merit, then auction off the other 100 spots.  Just write a check and send it in, and accept the highest 100.  Then, if you don’t make the cut, we’ll refund your money.  Note, however, that this only guarantees your kid will get admitted.  They still need to make the grades like everyone else.  If they fail out, you get no refund on your money.  

In practice, I’m sure that this would have a detrimental impact on the school’s perceived quality, because they would be admittedly lowering academic standards for 10% of the population.  I don’t know if Harvard would allow that to happen.  

82 > 87
Simple math.

i actually think it owuld enhance the value since you are connecting poor people with rich people. i think a 50/50 split is better. the most successful people in the world are not always the smartest. to favor better test takers is a retarded way to select students.

also igor ur a dick.

also i think its hard to pinpoint who the full ride “poor” kids are. i came from a middle class background but had a full ride at ucla, partial at usc. anyways i got some from govt grants, others from school, and my mom’s company sponsored scholarships gave me some too. like i had so much in scholarship that they had to reduce what the govt disbursed to me. which i thought was bs. 

lols heres actually hte program, you just need less than 80k:

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/paying-for-uc/glossary/blue-...

I thought good (full) scholarships are merit based and need blind? Financial aid is not the same as scholarship. Maybe the nomenclature changed since my days at uni. 

you basically need to come from a target school pedigree/work at prestigious firm in the US/have a really good connection.

- AF hivemind

Some scholarships are only eligible to poor kids or some other kind of people. Does that make them financial aid instead? Who knows. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

There are grants. I got the cal grant. Those have income requirements and lower gpa requirments and you don’t really need to do anything. I think I got 12k per year. Like i got it over a lot of poor people though. 

there are scholarships as well. Those you have to apply and turn something in, like a letter. and get letter of recs and maintain gpa. I think I got 15k per year from 3 different scholarships. A school foundation. My moms work scholarship program. And a lew wasserman  award. Anyways the best way to get money is to always have a sob story.

Breakdown for school cost is 12k in tuition. 1k in books. 8kfor dorm. And the rest for bottles and models!

The Water Cooler…where all the men are above average fit, smart and with full head of hair.  Not at all like the 99% of the guys you see in finance.

So, basically a scholarship is something you’d put on your resume. 

you basically need to come from a target school pedigree/work at prestigious firm in the US/have a really good connection.

- AF hivemind

Very good of California and Federal taxpayers to ensure all UCLA students have sufficient school funds for models and bottles on top of tuition and board. Having graduates with good life skills and superior academic credentials would be worth nothing if these people all seemed poor and gross, amiright?

- Everyone

lol i was totally joking abotu the poors being gross guys. its very hard to tell nowadays. rich people are typically hip and hip people dress poorly!

Very dangerous! How can we safely live in a society where gross and non gross people are not distinguishable?

- Everyone

ohai!!! why do you hate me so much?

but its kind of easy to tell who has money and who doesnt after a small convo. im pretty good at reading people.

nerdy he hates u cause u competition 

RIP

i dont believe in competition. i believe in cooperation!

and you made fun of my future wife. i still hate you igor. she will not be fat. 

Image result for he hates me cause he aint me

RIP

great movie. there was a powerful quote there that i cant remember. i will watch today and report back.

Nery, I am hurt that you think that of me. I am sorry for judging you for being gross. Just don’t go around dating fat chicks or thunder thighs. 

- Everyone

Nerdyblop wrote:

i dont believe in competition. i believe in cooperation!

and you made fun of my future wife. i still hate you igor. she will not be fat. 

But just incase, here: link to article

I’m only just joking bro.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

Et tu Brute?

i thought you were my keto guido

now you’re just somebody that I used to know!! 

I can kind of relate to her. I once rejected this blonde cheerleader because my friends call her thunder thighs. She wasn’t even fat, but she was at the bottom of the pyramid. Not my proudest moment either cuz I kind of liked her.

anyways now she is a really hot skinny stewardess. The moral to the story, fatness isn’t some incurable dosease. Change your habits and you will change your life.

nerdy was a chubby chaser hahahahahaha

RIP

“Models and bottles”???? Ay mijo, no te creo!!

“Mmmmmm, something…” - H. Simpson

lol i met jordan belfort in college. so what he described was definitely what i expected. very disappointed!

also theres an excellent article on wsj about the tipster. apparently he was under investigation for securities fraud, cooperated on that and gave unrelated info on this cheating scandal. he snitched on some yale coach, who then snitched on his other clients. he tried to warn the richest ones, anyways it spans everywhere

glad to see that a cheater in 1 area, cheats in another area. then proceeds to snitch on others. cheating and snitching. i hope theres a place in hell for this type of child.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-yale-dad-who-set-off-the-college-admiss...

wsj made sure his name was known everywhere too. very odd, to reveal a snitch. lol