getting rich kids into college

Someone I knew, good guy, said that he saw a roommate’s tuition statement and it had a line for misc. payment for a 5 figure amount. He asked him about it and he said his parents paid to give him an advantage.

Will add, I didn’t see it with my own eyes but after going there 4 years and experiencing the culture, seems plausible.

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

What is an “advantage” and what kind of hacksaw college puts a line in tuition for five figures to document this? I think the guy is missing some details here. 

Anyway, I’m thinking in this thread, sometimes when people try to hide something, it is because it is true. Like maybe if you don’t want to reveal you are gay, you will do a lot of overtly manly things to disprove it to others. 

Nothing wrong with being yourself, is what I am saying. Think of all the male role models like Bill Clinton or Pierce Brosnan. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

breadmaker wrote:

“Models and bottles”???? Ay mijo, no te creo!!

So you’re telling me that after passing L3, your life doesn’t get automatically upgraded to the top pic? I never should’ve started studying for the cfa…

If you're the first out the door, that's not called panicking

lol i had hoped that work would pay for it as a business expense

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

ohai wrote:

What is an “advantage” and what kind of hacksaw college puts a line in tuition for five figures to document this? I think the guy is missing some details here. 

Maybe I am… it’s hacksaw in the finance world but considered prestigious to many in the state. It’s in a town in the middle of nowhere but I’m looking at the school’s website right now, estimated cost for a year is $60k for a bachelors, one of the most expensive, if not the most in the entire state and those surrounding it.

Probably no surprise but I know for a fact that some students had the answer key to exams beforehand. I got a chance to see one and it matched what was on the exam exactly.. That’s all I witnessed, I don’t know how the other stuff works there.

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

If you befriend dj Khalid, you’ll gets the major keys in life!

Amongst the accused who are dear to the hearts of everyone in finance: PIMCO’s own Doug Hodge.

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

I’m amazed 1) that people like Hodge are struggling to get their kids in 2) that people apparently view USC this way and 3) was also surprised to find out how low USC’s acceptance rate is versus their somewhat unimpressive ranking.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

a top tpg exec was also asked to step down. read it on ft. yep usc pretty tough to get into. I got into marshall business school at usc as well! 

they hate us cuz they aint us…. GO TROJANS!!!

I love Lynn Swan’s reaction when he was asked if he should step down as USC’s AD.  He essentially said, “No, because I didn’t know this was going on.”  Hey dummy, that is why you should step down.

https://youtu.be/I96LY6x3FKw?t=166

sam zell on rich people

the 1% work harder and should be emulated. 

oh myyyy. lol. gotta catch them all!