Saudi Arabia is paying Jamal Khashoggi’s children millions to stay silent about his gruesome murder

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/43zz89/saudi-arabia-is-paying-jamal-khashoggis-children-millions-to-stay-silent-about-his-gruesome-murder

“The paper reports that all four of Khashoggi’s children have received new homes in the Saudi port city of Jeddah, worth up to $4 million dollars each. The granting of the properties is accompanied by payments of up to $10,000 per month”

“Under Saudi law, the siblings can grant their father’s killers clemency in return for “blood money” payments that could be worth tens of millions of dollars. It is unclear if the family would have to forgive or absolve the killers to collect the payments, the report says.”

So the family is getting millions of dollars in retribution for this murder. Maybe they planned it all along. Turd come back, we need you.

us moral high ground is really retarded. why should we judge other cultures. imo they are an excellent ally and we should mind our own bizness.

Taking a page out of the Clinton playbook

what are their strategic alternatives? not take the money and refuse to be silent?

That and stay out of Saudi Consulates.

I’d imagine some people would take a “moral stance” after the Saudi’s murdered their dad, and not accept any money so they can participate in activism. Practically speaking, there is a buy out price for everyone.

no. im pretty sure there are some people who cant be bought. theres prolly a graveyard full of them.

Let’s have a poll. In their shoes, what would be your price?

I’d zip it for 3mio

If you intend to speak out against the Saudis, you should still take the money. You will be a target if you speak out regardless, so better be a target with some money. Perhaps you can use the money to fund the noise that you’ll be making. Of course, by taking the money and speaking out you’re running the risk of breaching the killer clemency clause of the blood money contract under Saudi law, but LOL.

If you don’t intend to speak out, still take the money. I see it as a dominant strategy that is independent of moral stance expressed through activism.

plata o plomo. plata por favor!

Guess it could be worse. Probably had threats along with the money