"Employees abduct tech firm owner to get their salary dues"

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/employees-abduct-tech-firm-owner-to-get-their-salary-dues/article26786735.ece

"The Halasuru police on Monday arrested four employees of a technology firm who abducted and tortured their employer to recover three months salary, which had not been paid.

The victim, Sujay S.K., 23, owner of the start-up and resident of Cambridge Layout, was taken by his seven employees to a farm house in Maddur where he was locked up and tortured before he was released on the assurance that he would arrange the money.

On returning home, a dejected Sujay, reportedly tried to take his own life, and was rushed to a hospital. On being informed, the police reached the hospital and recorded the statement of Sujay."

Tough times being an entrepreneur.

4 arrested while 7 abducted and tortured?

The remaining 3 only inflicted psychological torture by forcing Sujay to watch replays of the finals of the 2018 Nidahas T20 Tri-Series cricket tournament, in which Wicket-keeper batsman Dinesh Karthik (29 not out off 8 balls) smashed a last-ball six as India pulled off a four-wicket win over Bangladesh.

in the us, only around 50k die from suicide yet around 1.5m make the attempt. they have a 97% failure rate. the more you know!

That can’t be true. US population is around 330million. That would mean that around 0.5% of population attempts suicide annually. 1 in every 200 people. Sounds pretty high.

I think both are right. The bar for “attempt” is low and based largely on surveys so its inflated by dramatic teens. That said, the number is probably somewhere closer to 1 in 200 than you’d expect. It’s a major problem.

Some rich dude just tried to jump off a building near where I work. Cops and helicopters and everything. I mean quite honestly how do people fail at that.

Bitcoin making a scene to guilt Candy into coming back?