Family-friendly fun in Southern California

So I booked the plane ticket from Vegas to San Diego. Now I just need to know what to do once we get to San Diego.

I spent about four months in downtown San Diego once, but didn’t do a lot of sightseeing. Then I spent about two weeks in an outdoor excursion between San Diego and LA, but again, didn’t see many sights. And that’s pretty much the extent of my travels in Southern California.

I’ll be down there for about a week in mid-June. I’ll be with my wife and kids, age 7 and 5. What is there to do down there? I know there’s the Zoo and Legoland and Disneyland, but what else should we experience?

Get Mexican food in Old Town!!! :+1:

The Long Beach Aquarium’s pretty cool.

And there’s Knott’s Berry Farm (think Disneyland lite).

San Diego Zoo is probably the best zoo I’ve been to in the US. Also, if I recall correctly, there is some aircraft carrier museum where you can see fighter jets and stuff. I’m assuming you guys like to see awesome things, not hacksaw things.

Coronado is nice (take the big bridge across the water). There’s a big pod of seals on the beach in La Jolla: your kids will go nuts!!!

The only easy day was yesterday.

^ Huh??? Wha??? Ay mijo!!! :-1:

My wife’s first – and adamant! – suggestion was the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. Between that and the zoo proper, she’d advocate the safari park.

She seconds the aquarium, and Knott’s. And with the ages of your kids, she advocates Knott’s over Disneyland (less expensive, and kid friendlier).

I wanna go to San Diego too!!! :sob:

navy seals? Coronado bay? Hooya?..

In short: if you don’t find something there that your kids love, it’s pretty much your own fault.

My wife reminded me that the Star Wars thingy at Disneyland is opening this Summer, so it’s going to be mobbeder than usual. Just a warning.

nerdy knows all the family friendly spots

Yeah, we knew about that.

I don’t know if that makes me want to go or stay away.

^ If it’s anything like the Star Wars Christmas Special, then don’t go!!! :broken_heart:

Go to the long beach aquarium, its quite a good place to enjoy.

Zoo. Balboa Park. Liberty Station. Mexican Food go to Lucha Libre in Mission Hills (Old town sucks for Mexican food but great for walking around and tourists). La Jolla cove for seals. Petco park is unbelievably family friendly. Breweries are big in San Diego and also family friendly if you want to unwind and do some adult stuff.

Don’t expect warm sunny days (May gray, June gloom). You might get lucky in mid-June though. OC is not a day trip! You will spend a lot of time in North County traffic! Plan ahead and leave early if you venture up there.

Kind of funny that people downvoted that one. F*k long beach aquarium, amiright??

Just remember! It ain’t no funnn when a homie can’t haveeee none!!!

is Seaworld still there? It’s a lot closer than Long Beach