GOT: Episode 3 (SPOILERS)

After several re-watches of this season’s episodes, I am starting to get pissed at D&D. I thought they were under a severe time crunch to get the show done on HBO’s timetable, but it recently came out that HBO would have extended GoT to 10 episodes and a whole additional season to wrap everything up, but D&D have been rumored to say they’re tired of GoT and want to move on. So they just order the six episodes and cramming everything in to finish off the series as quickly as possible. 

Dicks.

Short stories are a must read. 

I am bit dissapointed Iron bank didnt make an appearance yet

Bran is such a nonfactor. Hodor, Jojen, the old three-eyed Raven, and all the remaining Children of the Forest died for this wanker for what exactly?

And Varis is such a scumbag. He was gonna have Danny poisoned. RIP you fat conniving f*ck.

Varys was doing his duty. Tyrion went from smartest person to dumbest in like 2 episodes.

id say he was funny! never was smart! bad move after another

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

The best job D&D have done in the last two seasons of killing off a leading role has been Tyrion’s character assassination. 

Sweep the Leg wrote:

After several re-watches of this season’s episodes, I am starting to get pissed at D&D. I thought they were under a severe time crunch to get the show done on HBO’s timetable, but it recently came out that HBO would have extended GoT to 10 episodes and a whole additional season to wrap everything up, but D&D have been rumored to say they’re tired of GoT and want to move on. So they just order the six episodes and cramming everything in to finish off the series as quickly as possible. 

Dicks.

I agree 

As someone who never watched it, seeing this show implode in the final season after all the rampant hype has been fun.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Black Swan wrote:

As someone who never watched it, seeing this show implode in the final season after all the rampant hype has been fun.

excellent episodes still.  rivals movies in terms of cinematography … just the story is suffering.  Each episode is kind of like a movie at this point - pretty flat and predictable plot that is pretty to watch.  

D&D are practicing for Star wars

I like the way Varys went out. “The greater the risk, the greater the reward”. He risked his life knowingly to try and convince Jon and as he was about to die he stared at Jon with a “see what I’m talkin bout” kinda look. It was super rushed just like everything else in this season though which takes away from the show.

DPBass88 wrote:

I like the way Varys went out. “The greater the risk, the greater the reward”. He risked his life knowingly to try and convince Jon and as he was about to die he stared at Jon with a “see what I’m talkin bout” kinda look. It was super rushed just like everything else in this season though which takes away from the show.

My issue is that I don’t like the way Varys went out. Up until the end of last week, Danny really hadn’t done much against the innocent people to justify turning against her.

Yeah she was considering a more violent siege, but she hadn’t done it yet, and she literally just sacrificed almost everything to help out the north (and the ‘realm’) Danny turning wasn’t entirely unexpected, but I think Varys turned against his queen wayyyyyy to quickly given the time he spent supporting her.

I think we both agree the root cause is that there needed to be more time dedicated towards Varys switching over to supporting John. But that’s the issue the entire season is facing

Varys storyline was retarded. He claims to serve the realm. Yet he was trying to start an uprising against Robert for viserys. Then he was the one who saved viserys and Dany from Robert yet he was also the same one who sent assasins. In the book, he was more of a prick. They made him look too much like a good guy in the tv adaptation. He claimed Robert was a bad king, yet those were prolly the most stable times. Lol

sad that littlefinger didn’t rule Westeros by marrying Dany and keep Sansa as a mistress. He woulda loved the pile of ashes Dany did! 

“And I’d get into all these arguments and fights with the writers and they’re like “Yeah, we heare you.” “Yeah but please, you have to babiba…” And they go “Yeah, we hear you and we respect you, but we don’t care. Ok, we don’t.. (****). You’re an actor, just say the words.” They didn’t say it like that, but that was the gist.
And the funny thing is, we’ve gotten through these song-and-dance-routines every season since season 4, where I come back and I’m like “This doesn’t make sense!”“

you basically need to come from a target school pedigree/work at prestigious firm in the US/have a really good connection.

- AF hivemind

I don’t really remember Varys serving the realm and all that in the book. I thought he was just some creepy guy. Not sure if I missed that or if it was TV interpretation. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

ohai wrote:

I don’t really remember Varys serving the realm and all that in the book. I thought he was just some creepy guy. Not sure if I missed that or if it was TV interpretation. 

In the books, it becomes clear that by “serving the realm” he really means turning the realm back over to the rightful Targaryan leader. The Spider was always loyal to the Targs. Robert’s reign was too stable so he had to disrupt it. All the while he was working on keeping the remaining Targs alive to eventually come back to rule after Cersei royally (literally?) screws everything up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NGmfuMxWDxw

never trust a man without a dick.

So bad. I hope this was done so that GRRM can write a different ending that doesnt suck.

Oh no, you don't want to mess with a guy thats riding on a buffalo.

At least I can rewatch episodes when this show used to be good. That ending was so bad I can’t even.

Shame!

lol never take the stupid imps advice.they should have just executed that lil ****