NY Times: Congress, Give Trump His Border Money

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/05/opinion/trump-border-crisis-funding.html

“President Trump is right: There is a crisis at the southern border.”

“Both sides need to dial back the fighting words, resist the temptation to finger-point and find a creative way through this minefield.”

They are striking the moderate tone for Uncle Joe?

Since very few people ever click a the link, the NY Times is saying more money is needed to help the immigrants. More for food, beds, medicine, etc. Not for the wall.

More specifically, they are arguing that Congress should approve Trump’s $4.5 billion emergency funding request for border control, which contains funds allocated to humanitarian aid, among other things. This opinion is notable as it rejects the quoted Democratic argument that more funding should not be granted to border control. By recommending that Congress authorizes this funding, NY Times is also directly agreeing on the existence of a “border emergency”, although they used the word “crisis” instead.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/30/us/politics/democrats-border-security-wall.html

wait so what happened to the caravan(s)? did they sneak through? FML

I love how Republicans trash NYT 24/7 but the second they publish something they agree with they treat it like gospel. Hahaha

There is an emergency and wall won’t do anything. The only way to solve is to launch a Truman plan for a handful of Central American countries.

I hope that the Democrats win the next presidential election.

then the Republicans can go back to pretending to be fiscally conservative.

I know we’ve had a ton of wins but I’m confident that Americans aren’t tired of winning yet! Trump needs to win so we can win more!

Where did you draw this conclusion from?

The point I was making is that NY Times has struck an uncommon reconciliatory tone in this Op Ed, and this action consciously repudiates the left wing Democrat opinion. There is a political struggle even within the Democratic party.

I’m guessing he didn’t read the article or the first three comments of this thread. There’s very little to nothing there that the right (Trump’s “right”, anyways) would approve of. Though I didn’t draw the same conclusion from the piece you did, so maybe we’re all wrong…or right.

Agreed with Sweep.

Trump - “We need money to build a wall to keep illegals out. They are murderers and rapists.”

NYT - “We need money to help house and provide medical care for undocumented immigrants. They are fleeing famine and poverty.”

Not the same thing.

haha funny greenie. its both hyperbole.

they definitely arent criminals but they are definitely fleeing poverty. but jsut because they are flleeing poverty does not make it right for us to subsidize these poorer countries by taking care of their cancer for them. their people need to rise up and be the change in their environment instead of turning traitor to their motherland.