Biggest LOSER in America?

are we imposing cfa values now on people? at times like this i ask myself what would the jedi do?

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Yes, but the election is over and it’s not required so to Ohai’s point, all of this is largely just noise.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

frisian wrote:

Personally, I think anyone wanting to serve as president of the United States should be purely interested in public service and have no ongoing business interests that could theoretically pose a conflict. 

So you want a bunch of (relative) losers in perpetual government jobs with no private interests to run the country?  The largest economy in the world?  You want people with absolutely no business experience whatsoever to give the businessowners of America directives on how they should operate?  

82 > 87
Simple math.

Black Swan wrote:

I guess what boggles my mind are why the losers from the last election can’t learn to move on there’s more to life and no amount of stomping your feet is changing this.  People vote for the candidate that supports their platform, everything you’re going on about is really irrelevant to voters that support him.

It’s not about the last election.  It’s about the next election.

I consider myself a centrist.  Much more than any policy, I care about the principles of government, and core among these, in my view, are concepts like truth, justice, equality, fairness, and transparency.

Personally, I feel Trump is causing immense damage to our system of government and American culture in general.  You said in another thread that some people - such as you, presumably - like to watch the world burn.  I don’t.

I’m a centralist as well and Trump has shown to be one of the best leaders in modern history while having the most blatantly bias coverage of any politician ever. He’s uniting the nation after the disgraceful job Obama did of trying to divide it for political gain.

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

Haha, fair enough.  I don’t think this stuff helps though, if liberals want to have any impact on Trump voters they need to stick to the policies IMO.

Greenman72 wrote:

You want people with absolutely no business experience whatsoever to give the businessowners of America directives on how they should operate?  

Is America nothing more than a collection of businesses?  Note we have in office a president who had no prior public service but was touted as having amazing business experience.  Yet he doesn’t even understand tariffs.

Personally, in my opinion, I think elected officials should have stringent ethical requirements around their overall financial position.  If you disagree, fine.  But that’s my view.

a good leader increases our gdp relative to others. whether through diplomacy, war, or through internal policies, i dont care howwwww i want it nowwwwwwwww.

at least in civilization!

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Black Swan wrote:

Haha, fair enough.  I don’t think this stuff helps though, if liberals want to have any impact on Trump voters they need to stick to the policies IMO.

I think we’ll hear plenty about policy in the next 1.5 years.  Not worried about that.

For me, the next election - I think - will be about leadership, particularly in the vision and articulation of those core values I mentioned above.  Foremost among these, to me, are truth and equality.  I don’t want a president who lies compulsively while giving winks and nods to racists and white supremacists.  You are free to have different criteria.

No winks and nods to white supremacist… fake news. What’s real news is the left supports programs that judge people by the color of their skin in college admissions and others places. 

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

frisian wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

I think we’ll hear plenty about policy in the next 1.5 years.  Not worried about that.

For me, the next election - I think - will be about leadership, particularly in the vision and articulation of those core values I mentioned above.  Foremost among these, to me, are truth and equality.  I don’t want a president who lies compulsively while giving winks and nods to racists and white supremacists.  You are free to have different criteria.

So to recap this really is just people who already voted one way refusing to accept the result and whining to themselves instead of engaging the opposition constructively.  I mean, hyperbole aside you just described the last election.  Good luck, hope it works out for you!

Loving the pity party down votes lately.  Your tears sustain me!

Black Swan wrote:

So to recap this really is just people who already voted one way refusing to accept the result and whining to themselves instead of engaging the opposition constructively.  I mean, hyperbole aside you just described the last election.  Good luck, hope it works out for you!

Not sure why you keep pointing back to the last election, which was 2.5 years ago.  The next election is what this is about, and that’s 1.5 years away.  Everything I’ve said in this thread and elsewhere is relevant to November 2020.

Lol, Quack Swan and HPwhining069…always trying to pwn the “libs,” so pitiful.

Black Swan wrote:

Awwww, his fee fees hurt. Grow up.

This isn’t about pwning the “libs”, this is about MAGA and making sure all Americans prosper!

BS still triggered LOL

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

hpracing007 wrote:

This isn’t about pwning the “libs”, this is about MAGA and making sure all Americans prosper!

even the poor low iq ones?

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

accepting any net worth figure is wholly irresponsible. i mean, enron used to be commonly understood to be worth $80B, but soon after it was worth nothing, and we had enough public information to determine it was worth nothing the whole time but no one cared to look.

i find it funny that any financial analyst would ever believe any figure without some basis for it especially when it is explicitly known that there is a whack load of debt involved which could easily make the equity line negative.

frisian wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

Not sure why you keep pointing back to the last election, which was 2.5 years ago.  The next election is what this is about, and that’s 1.5 years away.  Everything I’ve said in this thread and elsewhere is relevant to November 2020.

Because when I mentioned respectfully debating policies were the best way to engage the opposing base constructively (looking towards the next election) you shrugged it off for some future date, talked about what’s important to you and the lib base (which coincidentally hasn’t changed), at which point the left is just talking to itself and in turn describing the last election.  As they say, insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Hence:

Black Swan wrote:

This really shouldn’t be so hard, but to some I guess it is.  So I told you the same thing I told crybaby conservatives in 2011, “Hyperbole aside you just described the last election.  Good luck, hope it works out for you!”  But of course, every pity party thinks they’re unique so I’m sure it’s wasted words.

igor555 wrote:

hpracing007 wrote:

even the poor low iq ones?

Yes, even you Milton.

frankybarnes wrote:

Lol, Quack Swan and HPwhining069…always trying to pwn the “libs,” so pitiful.

Lol, I think they’ve been living in a state of being pwned since 2016.

frankybarnes wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

Awwww, his fee fees hurt. Grow up.

Says the snowflake crying about politics for the past 900 dayslaugh

The sheer volume and frequency of Quack Swan’s posting says he cares way more about this than literally anyone else on AF and he needs a hobby. Happy pwning!

Matt Likes Analysis wrote:

accepting any net worth figure is wholly irresponsible. i mean, enron used to be commonly understood to be worth $80B, but soon after it was worth nothing, and we had enough public information to determine it was worth nothing the whole time but no one cared to look.

i find it funny that any financial analyst would ever believe any figure without some basis for it especially when it is explicitly known that there is a whack load of debt involved which could easily make the equity line negative.

I mean, both of these figures were compiled using pricing hard assets as opposed to cash flows and intangibles, going to Enron is the debate equivalent of screaming Hitler (automatic 10 point deduction).

frankybarnes wrote:

The sheer volume and frequency of Quack Swan’s posting says he cares way more about this than literally anyone else on AF and he needs a hobby. Happy pwning!

Yeah, I care so much I haven’t bothered to vote in two decades.  Like I said, your tears sustain me, I’m here for you!

Black Swan wrote:

Because when I mentioned respectfully debating policies were the best way to engage the opposing base constructively (looking towards the next election) you shrugged it off for some future date, talked about what’s important to you

Hmmm.

Personally, I think the 2020 election is about far more than policy.  I was born in 1973.  I’ve never been as worried about my country and the world as I am now.  I want a president who cares about truth, respects the rule of law, promotes equality and human rights, and supports the free press.  Those are some core concepts that are important to me.  There are others.  I feel Trump and his enablers put those core concepts at risk in a way I’ve never experienced in my lifetime.

Note that none of those things have much, if anything, to do with policy: they are all part of the basic foundation of our system of government and values.  In my mind, supporting those concepts is “conservative,” in the true sense of that word.

What concepts are important to you?

frisian wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

Because when I mentioned respectfully debating policies were the best way to engage the opposing base constructively (looking towards the next election) you shrugged it off for some future date, talked about what’s important to you

Hmmm.

Personally, I think the 2020 election is about far more than policy.  I was born in 1973.  I’ve never been as worried about my country and the world as I am now.  I want a president who cares about truth, respects the rule of law, promotes equality and human rights, and supports the free press.  Those are some core concepts that are important to me.  There are others.  I feel Trump and his enablers put those core concepts at risk in a way I’ve never experienced in my lifetime.

Note that none of those things have much, if anything, to do with policy: they are all part of the basic foundation of our system of government and values.  In my mind, supporting those concepts is “conservative,” in the true sense of that word.

What concepts are important to you?

Right, but you’re someone that didn’t vote for Trump.  Hence my overall point.  Liberals keep doing this thing of basically talking to themselves about what they value (like conservatives did in 2011) and both sides were/will be shocked to get the same result I’m sure.

Edit: To your question, I don’t vote, so I don’t have a strong opinion on the matter of what’s best.  I just know that ultimately most people are pushing for the policies they want so that’s where the conversation needs to be.  Ultimately it doesn’t matter if the leader is a sleaze, most people just want the policy result.  Bush Jr seemed nice and sincere enough but I’d rather not have had those wars.

Black Swan wrote:

Edit: To your question, I don’t vote, so I don’t have a strong opinion on the matter of what’s best.  I just know that ultimately most people are pushing for the policies they want so that’s where the conversation needs to be.  Ultimately it doesn’t matter if the leader is a sleaze, most people just want the policy result.  Bush Jr seemed nice and sincere enough but I’d rather not have had those wars.

My question wasn’t about what’s best or about any policy.  I asked what’s important to you in our system of government.  I listed a few things that are important to me - such as respect for truth, equality, and the rule of law - and in my mind they have nothing to do with any political party.  Rather, they are part of the foundation of our country’s values, and I think they are very important.  I also think they are in danger like they’ve never been in my lifetime.

Black Swan wrote:

Matt Likes Analysis wrote:

I mean, both of these figures were compiled using pricing hard assets as opposed to cash flows and intangibles, going to Enron is the debate equivalent of screaming Hitler (automatic 10 point deduction).

k, fine, Valeant. VRX is a better example anyway. debt fueled acquisition spree, overpaying along the way and barely cash flow positive without extorting sick and dying people.

frisian wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

My question wasn’t about what’s best or about any policy.  I asked what’s important to you in our system of government.  I listed a few things that are important to me - such as respect for truth, equality, and the rule of law - and in my mind they have nothing to do with any political party.  Rather, they are part of the foundation of our country’s values, and I think they are very important.  I also think they are in danger like they’ve never been in my lifetime.

I get that and I addressed your idea about these notions above (ie, I look at policies not intentions since the worst mistakes have been committed with the best of intentions i.e. Bush’s invasion and Obama’s doubling the US debt load).  I don’t think Trump’s policies are great (some are good, some are bad), I just made a broad point which you keep missing.  For instance, you’re engaging with me like you’re going to change my mind on Trump despite the fact that I didn’t vote at all.  If I liked him (or either candidate) I would have voted.  The reason I didn’t vote is because I think people with these naive ideas of Mr. Smith goes to Washington are living in a fiction that never existed and when you peel back the layers of the hyperbole you largely wind up with a bunch of manufactured left wing hysteria over a presidency that is only superficially different from anything we’ve had.