Where do you buy art?

I’m thinking about buying some art, like painting or prints or lithos (?). What’s a good place to buy some? Cheap is better,

I rob the happy looking people leaving the Antiques Roadshow.

I mean cheap local art like that is never going to be an investment that’s worth more than $20 at a yard sale. I still buy it, if I think it looks cool and I want something that’s not printed in a factory or whatever, but you’re definitely just buying a consumable so there aren’t really hard and fast rules to avoid getting hoodwinked because by definition you can’t get hoodwinked. You’re just telling a local painter, I like that painting, I’ll take it.

Best approach is likely to search for it online, as artists in this price point seem to collectively post on various websites. There are different ones for paintings, prints or others. Also, you can go on Etsy or something, and commission people to paint pictures of your choosing. You can give them a dog photo or something and they will make a painted version. Why buy art in expensive NY when people of similar talent work in cheaper places?

cuz thats what will appreciate in value

if you have to ask you cant afford it

Some people buy art for investment, but unless you are in an inner circle, I doubt you’re going to make money that is better than normal investments.

More practically for normal people, the art is something that you look at and it is pleasing either aesthetically or intellectually. Does not even have to be painting and stuff. Audi A5 to me, is the pinnacle of 20th century automotive art (last generation, current one looks ugly). Big Green Egg is also art in how it blends function and shape. If it is for you, then you don’t care where other people value the thing.

Lol, we taking about

want me draw you mickey mouse. i am really good at copying shit

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzS8wVavNlw]

cover it with 10-Ks