Office swag

Finance industry isn’t really known for having cool things in the office like start up firms have. So the question goes, what kind of office swag do you guys have?

We have all the cereal you can eat, milk too.

Unlimited post-it notes, so far.

Really? I’m a bit jealous. I love cereal. Especially Raisin Bran.

We only have a free coffee machine with about 10 different choices too choose from. Too bad I don’t drink coffee.

Oh yeah, like several types of cereal and milk (whole, skim, 2%, ect) also couple soda options, various types of sparking water, juice, 3-4 types of snacks, coffee, tea (bottles in the fridge and tea bags), hot chocolate, fresh fruit, ect ect

come over for breakfast tomorrow, we’ll get ya a bowl of cereal.

A pretty sweet gym. I don’t know if that counts as office swag but that’s the only extra we got. And snickers bars at a discounted price of 50 cents.

Couple of big, fancy fridges with all manner of beverages (iced tea, seltzer, juice, soda, Red Bull, etc), bunch of snacks, bars and fresh fruit, espresso machine, coffee machine.

^same, i get free lunch too. tuesday i had duck and veggies. wednesday i had sush.

pens that break. occasionally there awful processed bagels in the kitchen.

The main perk really is all the airline points

Finance industry sucks - that’s why you all need to leave like i did. I realized how different the treatment was when i toured my wife’s office quite a few years back. At the time my office (very profitable company) had free coffee and the occasional fruits. Office time was strict (no wfh option, no flexibility, etc). My wife had catered breakfast/lunch, a constantly restocked fridge with high end snacks, extreme flexibility and many more perks. At the time i would defend the finance industry saying this is how it needed to be and we were compensated better. That’s false. Don’t be slaves for an antiquated industry, be indentured servants for a tech firm.

was at consulting b4 finance. we had a foosball table and an arcade room. but we’d only get free food once a month (manager leftovers), or if we stay late then we can bill clients.

but doing data analysis was boring af finance at least is very interesting since we get to open the kimono of many indsutries financial statements.

how to make money, etc, etc, what going on in the owrld. honestly though the best people for finance are people with money. since what they learn can be used with waht they have.

need more detail, where the money at?

Let’s get this money baby They shady, we get shady Dress up like ladies And burn 'em with dirty 380’s

did you make the move supyogov? How’s it going?

^I made the move homie. It’s a lot more work (I slacked a lot in the finance world just to pass the time, now there isn’t enough hours in the day) but I truly enjoy most of the work i do now. It’s still sales but A LOT more problem solving. My home office has all the aforementioned perks but i work remote so sadly i need to cook my own meals. The culture is very different too. It’s much softer - i was in institutional sales (asset managers followed by asset owners) just to form a baseline. Perhaps its the fact that i now work with 50% of women instead of 5% or perhaps the nature of the work requires more a true academic approach as opposed to a false academic premise. Either way it’s much more enjoyable and far more collaborative.

That said, i was doing freelancing prior and that is my ideal career. I was bidding for work and getting paid based on completing a project with accuracy and desirability. I worked far more (16-18 hour days of grinding to complete a project on time) and got paid less (i was building my reputation so underbidding to build a name for myself) but the ability to work on what you wanted, when you wanted, and to have true flexibility was irreplaceable. Once I have enough saved up I’ll go back into that world and maybe amass a team and start a small business.

Glad ur doing well my dude and happy!

congrats V!