Sign up  |  Log in

Is the pen in the ear look still “in”?

Black Swan wrote:

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

Your Yale is the 96th ranked school in the country?  This is not a valid analogy.  Also, apparently your Yale is tied with your UConn, which is I’m guessing, UC Boulder.

iunno how you’re measuring that. I looked up Daniels college of business and it was ranked 57. So, that’s better than 97.

but 57 isn’t so bad. It’s like 75k a yr. and the school is exceptionally reknown in Denver. A lot of the heavy hitters in this community went here. 

Again, I know relatively speaking to doing a PhD at the London school of economics it may not compare, but that’s why I used the “biggest fish smallest pond” analogy. 

And don’t hate on boulder. That place is dooooope. It’s right next to the coors light plant 

I used US news national university ranking where it is 96.  Daniels MBA is ranked 91 by US News.  Undergraduate business program rankings are garbage which is why Bloomberg Businessweek (the ranking you cited for 2016) stopped doing them in that year, the same year the elite school of Villanova was #1 in the country.

Good effort, but that is the 96th ranked school.

Its still a good school. In fact, I’m totally okay with it being that far ranked down the list. I’m so sick and effing tired of so many slack jawed ass hats moving to this state, so if a ranking like that deters someone from coming here and doing it then awesome. 

For realsies though, you don’t think the standard of living and quality of life in Denver is top notch? It attracts some exceptionally qualified faculty. Which is all you need - because capm says the same thing in a state schools textbook that it does at Yale.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

Nerdyblop wrote:

Actually most elite schools don’t have undergrad business programs. They have econ instead

I know, that’s why BB stopped the rankings and why I called them garbage, I called Villanova elite as a joke… 

I love the three down votes simply stating facts about the ranking gets lol.

See the source image
 

 

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

Your Yale is the 96th ranked school in the country?  This is not a valid analogy.  Also, apparently your Yale is tied with your UConn, which is I’m guessing, UC Boulder.

iunno how you’re measuring that. I looked up Daniels college of business and it was ranked 57. So, that’s better than 97.

but 57 isn’t so bad. It’s like 75k a yr. and the school is exceptionally reknown in Denver. A lot of the heavy hitters in this community went here. 

Again, I know relatively speaking to doing a PhD at the London school of economics it may not compare, but that’s why I used the “biggest fish smallest pond” analogy. 

And don’t hate on boulder. That place is dooooope. It’s right next to the coors light plant 

I used US news national university ranking where it is 96.  Daniels MBA is ranked 91 by US News.  Undergraduate business program rankings are garbage which is why Bloomberg Businessweek (the ranking you cited for 2016) stopped doing them in that year, the same year the elite school of Villanova was #1 in the country.

Good effort, but that is the 96th ranked school.

Its still a good school. In fact, I’m totally okay with it being that far ranked down the list. I’m so sick and effing tired of so many slack jawed ass hats moving to this state, so if a ranking like that deters someone from coming here and doing it then awesome. 

For realsies though, you don’t think the standard of living and quality of life in Denver is top notch? It attracts some exceptionally qualified faculty. Which is all you need - because capm says the same thing in a state schools textbook that it does at Yale.

So at this point it’s clear you’re just defending your own book. 

The reality is twofold.  1) The depth and rigor of classes is only as difficult as the median student at best.  There’s a reason they’re not teaching Math 55 at Alabama.  When you have a 60% acceptance rate and bottom barrel selection that is not going in your favor additionally the professors are certainly a cut below that of top tier schools.  2) The quality of recruiting is night and day and it has lasting impacts that reverberate for years because of the compounding effect of the quality of work experience in the early years and doors that progressively shut as a result.  None of this is rocket surgery, it’s just facts of life this is why people compete to go to top schools and bribe their kids in.  The comparison of text books is overly simplistic.

Does that make it a good or bad school?  It’s all relative and good is a subjective qualifier, but objectively it’s about the 96th ranked school (Forbes puts it at 103).  Nothing wrong with going there, but I just don’t think most of what was stated was accurate.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Black Swan wrote:

Nerdyblop wrote:

Actually most elite schools don’t have undergrad business programs. They have econ instead

I know, that’s why BB stopped the rankings and why I called them garbage, I called Villanova elite as a joke… 

I love the three down votes simply stating facts about the ranking gets lol.

See the source image
 

 

I didn’t vote, but maybe it’s not the facts but the manner in which they are shared :-)

The internet brings out the worst in us doesn’t it?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

Lol.  The delivery was fine, the photo captured it well.  It is fine to point out that someone claiming a school’s ranking is half what it is based on a ridiculous cherry picked data point then building a straw man around text books is ridiculous.  I even gave props for the effort to at least find the one obscure data point to misrepresent his case.

As a peace offering, I’ve found this song I think people here will enjoy.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Black Swan wrote:

Lol.  The delivery was fine, the photo captured it well.  It is fine to point out that someone claiming a school’s ranking is half what it is based on a ridiculous cherry picked data point then building a straw man around text books is ridiculous.  I even gave props for the effort to at least find the one obscure data point to misrepresent his case.

As a peace offering, I’ve found this song I think people here will enjoy.

FWIW - I’m not the one who’s actually thumb downing all your posts. 

So, I’m not sure why you’re calling me a snowflake. I’ll admit when I’m wrong, or could improve my argument.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

Lol.  The delivery was fine, the photo captured it well.  It is fine to point out that someone claiming a school’s ranking is half what it is based on a ridiculous cherry picked data point then building a straw man around text books is ridiculous.  I even gave props for the effort to at least find the one obscure data point to misrepresent his case.

As a peace offering, I’ve found this song I think people here will enjoy.

FWIW - I’m not the one who’s actually thumb downing all your posts. 

So, I’m not sure why you’re calling me a snowflake. I’ll admit when I’m wrong, or could improve my argument.

No worries, wasn’t directed at you, just people getting upset over wording.  It’s also catchy.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Black Swan wrote:

No worries, wasn’t directed at you, just people getting upset over wording.  It’s also catchy.

:-)

In two months when I get the letters I know you’ll believe my arguments a little more. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

Everyone so silly getting upset over wording except BS. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

I’m disengaging until you can stop using the word silly.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

LMAO @ calling out snowflakes, really the most basic thing you can do. I’ll never fit in, that’s one of my best qualities. I’m the type of girl that sleeps 30 minutes late rather than wake up and do my hair….cheekysry

Exodus 22-18 wrote:

LMAO @ calling out snowflakes, really the most basic thing you can do. I’ll never fit in, that’s one of my best qualities. I’m the type of girl that sleeps 30 minutes late rather than wake up and do my hair….cheekysry

Image result for que south park

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Exodus 22-18 wrote:

LMAO @ calling out snowflakes, really the most basic thing you can do. I’ll never fit in, that’s one of my best qualities. I’m the type of girl that sleeps 30 minutes late rather than wake up and do my hair….cheekysry

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.