HBO Chernobyl

Not great, but not a terrible show. Probably 3.6 stars.

where you born?

Didn’t watch that, but I know Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl.

Born and raised in Moscow

moskvitch!

I only watched it because of a Russian who posted how much it reminded them of their childhood. Great show and for everyone who hasn’t seen it. Lesson is never trust a Russian. Poor rating dismissed

this is great

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/06/07/russia-produce-rival-chernobyl-drama-blaming-cia/

If you watched the show, you probably should have gotten the pun :wink:

I see what you did there

I liked it. I know it wasn’t 100% accurate but it was a pretty good representation. I’ve always been fascinated with the idea of a nuclear meltdown so I was pretty psyched for this show.

One of the most disturbing things I’ve seen is some video of that Japanese guy who was exposed to radiation, and then it destroyed his DNA and he basically disintegrated over time.

OMG, I loved it! Most of my friends are watching the bachelorette, just on their phones. Well, I do have one friend that likes good shows, but nice to see some others here are fans of the show!

Looked it up :open_mouth: x 100

To me scariest part was that they were alll getting death sentence, but didnt feel anything at a time. “Just metal taste in the air”

I read more about it and the thing that is interesting to me is that, if all the chromosomes where destroyed, what about all of the other parts of each cell? Tons of other super delicate stuff, which other components worked and which were destroyed

Just cant get over their stupid british accents, it doesnt feel authentic. Should have used some comrade actors and dubbed it

^ I’ve never understood why American TV gives non english speaking people british accents. If they take the decision not to subtitle and not to have people speak english but with their local accent (which I can see why because it could easily veer into parody) then why not just give them american accents?

Maybe they think it makes it sound smarter and more international.

Yeah, I don’t know. I guess it’s like how people get cancer because their cell division is changed somehow, but you can’t see it on the outside.

Anyway, it was super disturbing, and the guy was feeling ok and didn’t know why all the scientists were freaking out. Then he basically melted.

Are you saying Sean Connery’s accent in A Hunt for Red October wasn’t spot on?