Do you regret that you didn't go to Med School?

[original post removed]

Nah

No.

Negative ghost rider

Nope.

Why should one regret not going to med school if they are working in finance? The question makes assumptions that are not consistent with the decision considerations faced by most people who work in this industry.

Cuz doctors make more money and is more guaranteed. But I don’t regret it. Science people are usually smarter than finance people so it’s a lot harder!

I think I could get in here.

How about making $1M and dating 10s?

You must be Asian or Indian

It’s much harder than finance! I’ve come across a few overconfident finance people who said they could do it if they wanted to but say the CFA was hard, phst, that’s like easy work compared to a regular semester of pre-med. And they tell you that pre-med is like drinking out of water hose and med school is like drinking out of a fire hydrant.

I think we’ve all seen the dragon graphic for CFA… i’d have to think of what science people have to fight…

Image result for med school is hard

Damn! Straight.

For smart people they sure make retarded choices. Lol

I can definitely see the appeal to having gone the medical track. There’s a community aspect to it, earnings are good, major hospitals like Mass General definitely create a good atmosphere as well. You also get to make a real difference in people’s lives and the ability to be an expert in the field with good connections has great personal value as your family ages or in the event someone you care about gets sick. In the few times I’ve had to deal with medical situations that required real or innovative care, I’ve come to appreciate the incredible importance of having a good doctor that knows what they’re doing (most are terrible).

Anyhow, the realities of going the med school track are daunting, particularly for most 21 year olds. I would have missed out on a lot in the process. In addition, most doctors either have to deal with a minimum one of: 1) gallons of blood 2) dying people 3) gross stuff or 4) low pay and I didn’t know how I would have responded to a lifetime of that. I think most people that struggle in other careers would have struggled worse attempting to survive med school.

Anyhow, it’s fair to question life choices even for people who were successful in their current track given the different life that stems off each decision. Kind of boring not to.

Yuck - bodily fluids and ambiguous problems with hard-to-measure success outcomes.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAjorWMkWvM]

I’m in the same boat. I can’t handle blood.

Same as many above…I can’t really handle blood or guts. I aggressively avert my eyes during replays of injuries, and I never could get into the fad of injury videos a la youtube or tosh.o or any of that stuff.

If it weren’t for my general squeamishness, I may have regretted it. But it was never really an option for me.

I have always wanted to be an architect