Raw Raw

I know you eat clean but I was curious about the supplements you take on a daily basis, please shed some light on this.

Currently, I only take curcumin as it helps with the body pain after a workout but that’s about it. Most other supplements have little science behind them or seem sketchy at best.

I used to take creatine when I was competing. That definitely increased explosivity and speed endurance. Now I just drink protein after working out and occasionally magnesium to prevent delayed onset muscle soreness.

Yeah, I also take Whey which I forgot to mention.

I take vitamin d, creatine, and beta alanine. I sometimes take athletic greens when I don’t feel like it’s over priced (love hate relationship). I try to get most of my nutrients from food. Rhonda Patrick is a good person to follow for micro nutrient advice. Now that I live back in the south, I may quit the vitamin d. It’ll depend on my next blood test

You should probably ask some of the body builders on the forum though. I’m just trying to have a good health span

Any specific reasons for beta-alanine other than the endurance it provides?

Rhonda Patrick is very knowledgeable but she has failed in a few areas (endorses supps that look good on paper but don’t seem to hold their weight in actual trials). I think Peter Attia seems to be a better general source as he’s got a more holistic overall picture and is generally skeptical of trends and the snake oils that seem to be floating around.

You miring’ brah?

Yeah I follow Attia as well. I take the beta alanine because I do keto. Helps with endurance but I am not sold on it. I also take an electrolyte supplement