Having problem with slipping out

WRT my desire to get a new iPhone…

Actually, my current iPhone 7 is just fine. Problem is–whenever I plug in the cable, it doesn’t stay plugged in very well. It keeps slipping out every time you barely touch the phone. I think the “connector” on the phone is worn down or otherwise doesn’t work well, because I use the same cord on my other Apple devices with no problem.

Anybody else have a simlar problem with not being able to stay in? How do you fix it?

(if I can fix this problem, I don’t need nor want a new phone)

99% likelihood it is due to dust accumulating in your charging port and preventing the cable from clicking in correctly. Just take a tooth pick and dig around in there to remove the debris.

I would normally demand a reward for saving you this $1000. However, I’m just glad that this thread was not about one of the several things I thought it might be.

yea my shit always has that problem. prolly cuz i’ve gotten it wet so many times in the shower. its one of the reasons why i hate apple. i usually buy a shit ton of connectors on amazon. and they wear out pretty fast. you can tell from the burnt tips on the connector.

Take it to the apple store and they will clean the charging port for free

I for one knew it was about the charger connection the whole time. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!!!

https://youtu.be/b3Tz5M_gM9I?t=8

I’ll take you to the candy shop I’ll let you lick the lollipop Go ahead, girl, don’t you stop Keep going 'til you hit the spot, whoaa

I thought this title post was going to be about something completely different.

Some positions are better at keeping the male and female ends connected than others. For example, simply laying your phone on its back and slowly inserting the charger until you reach full penetration (there’s an audible sound, in most cases) is your best bet. Sounds boring but it’s a tried and true method. Some other positions are unrealistic and possibly harmful (made popular by ubiquitous online videos). Some people even like to tie their phone up with the charging cable while hanging the phone upside down. That’s just not something you should do every time you need a charge.

It worked!!! No more falling out!!!