Posting CFA pass emails on LinkedIn...

especially the ones talking about scoring better than 90% of all candidate, I don’t care for it one bit

Added outrage if candidate says they are “blessed to have made it” or some such humblebrag nonsense…

Blessed? Pretty sure God doesn’t know how to write a IPS for an insurance company.

I agree. That’s why I just added the letters and didn’t post a picture. Especially since I was NO WHERE near the 90th percentile line.

But hey, if any of you ever tell me you can’t pass these exams and drink beer getting trashed at the same time - you’d be wrong.

Pass is a mother fucking pass.

get it now. get it good. get it now just like you should.

congrats man. you tell your momma you made it!

This is how I see it. People hiring charterholders have been in the business for so long that they really don’t really give a shit about your percentile rank. Having the charter just shows that the dude has the toolbox to succeed in finance and the discipline to drudge through 3 years of independent studying. Advertising your top 10% result just shows that you think that the cfa is the end in itself and not just a stepping stone to new challenges.

i dont think we should judge people that flex. they are merely showing an above average achievement. lets stop the hate.

I think I scored in the top 5% for all levels (for L1 I don’t know for sure because scoring was different back then). I was not hating, I was just explaining a rationale of why I don’t think you should brag about your percentile rank.

CFA should do away with the percentile pass rank. You should get an email that says pass or one that has the breakdown/percentile if failed, that’s it.

LinkedIn has become a cesspool.

My newsfeed, which my connections liked, consist of:

• videos of middle aged thotleaders giving advice on what the viewer should be doing to improve themselves

• articles about the first woman ______ and a bunch of comments that either say “more woman should be in charge”, “cant wait till this is the norm”, “why refer to her as the ‘first woman’, her gender doesn’t define her” ect ect

• articles about gender pay gap (fake news)

certain parts of the year:

June - rainbows everywhere Aug - CFA results

C’s get degrees.

Off topic, is LinkedIn actually useful? I deleted my account because I didn’t actually know (or maybe just didn’t remember) 75% of my contacts and the majority of shared information was totally useless.

I’ve been getting occasional interest from recruiters, some from companies, some from agencies. Like to see what’s out there and if it’s something really good, I’ll jump on it.

LinkedIn is still excellent as essentially an online resume, and it’s true that a poorly-designed personal page or nonexistent one will generate some bad first impressions if someone is looking you up. So it pays to maintain an updated and good-looking profile.

That said, the bigger your network grows, the more tangential garbage you will see in your feed from people that have little to no connection to your industry. But just ignore it. It’s beginning to look like Facebook in that part.