Sign up  |  Log in

Reduce the amount of immigration in Canada

https://youtu.be/1vrEljMfXYo?t=124

COUNTRY ROADDDDDDDDD, TAKE ME HOMEEEEEEE

TO THE PLACEEEEE, WHERE I BELONGGGGGG

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Black Swan wrote:

Well its pretty simplistic to think migratory incentives are calling for “abolishment” of small towns or to take such a binary POV of things, albeit not surprising.  It can be as simple as tax incentives/disincentives.  Again, for the millionth time, I don’t think it’s a direct compare to the US, which has different economy and different geography.  Also 5% of a countries population is not a flash in the pan.  I am saying though that moves towards urbanization for any country are better more precise policy towards those objectives.  Again, it was never binary as you keep trying to reduce it to, I stated repeatedly this was not an anti-immigration position, so any argument to the contrary is wholesale stupid.  

So to recap, you made a pretty weak original statement about growth, then floundered before settling on infrastructure, drew some sloppy comparisons to Western Europe, ignoring AU and Russia, and now are completely discounting the obvious benefits of increased urbanization under some new over simplification.  Nice.

AU provides access to CN.  What you described however justifies a military outpost, not populating garbage land.  These points are as weak as the sure thing where Amazon was going to Toronto only for them to pick three cities not in Canada.

you keep bringing up amazon and toronto without recognizing that amazon was probably deterred by google proposing the creation of a tech hub that was ~10x its original design (with goal of adding 44k tech jobs) during the amazon tendering process on the very land that was being pitched to amazon. yes various US communities ended up paying billions for a few thousand jobs while toronto paid nothing for another 600 jobs. i’d say toronto won either way. but previous calls have no basis on the fact that you just so outright wrong in this current discussion.

AU providing access to CN? doesn’t singapore do that? doesn’t korea do that? why the hell do we need to go through the australian outback to get to china? what?

the key problem is you keep talking about urbanization as if canada is not encouraging it in the same way that literally every other nation encourages it. i’m not hung up on comparisons between AU, US or Europe or wherever. the bottom line is that they are ALL very similar in their urban/rural mixes and any change is minor nuance.

and you say you’re not recommending the abolishment of viable small towns but you’re argument is entirely invalid without taking that stance. please go through the list of canadian towns and tell me which towns are not viable standalone towns. basically all of the 19% rural population in canada is the product of natural rural populations surrounding urban areas (akin to everywhere else in the world) and viable standalone towns that maintain themselves based on their standalone economies. there aren’t random people living in the middle of nowhere in Canada no more than there are random people living in the middle of nowhere in the US.

Thanks for the spot on objective take as usual filled with non-points, hyperbole and minutia.  Also if you don’t recognize the difference between Singapore and AU militarily or why CN =/= US geographically, I really can’t help you.

Image result for canada flag glasses

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

^ you said, AU provides “access” to CN. not sure how else this could be interpreted. i assumed by “access” you meant economically. if we assume you meant economically, i am correct.

if we assume otherwise, i am also correct. are you suggesting that the US would for some reason use AU as a launchpad for a war against CN despite only having 2,000 troops in AU while already having 55,000 troops in Japan, 26000 troops in Korea, 43,000 in Hawaii and 6,000 troops in Guam. please advice with your sage military advice. tanks!

edit: also, for that matter, the 60,000 US troops in europe are basically as close to china as the 2,000 US troops in AU. are you having a seizure today?

Lol, current troop counts mean nothing.  How obtuse are you?  You think a war with any major country involves 50 thousand troops?  They have this thing called redeployment.

AU provides deep water ports from a defensible position, Japan is far too close for either, as is Korea and Europe does nothing for the Navy.  It’s amazing how quick you are to retort and how you’ll apparently attempt to do research but with the sole point of shutting your mind off and attempting to argue anything.  This is why you routinely lose these big debates.  Of course you’ve always got a retroactive reason later, blah blah blah, we actually won by losing in Toronto, blah blah.  I lectured you on gold for 5 pages just to be completely wrong, blah blah.  Eskimo super power, blah.

Image result for canadian character with glasses

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

I mean, GE though. Like, really? Hope nobody was persuadedno

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.

I made good money off GE, one of my better trades! A+

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Oh, so are you lying now or in this thread? Lol, sad bro. No need to compromise integrity to be right on the internetno

https://www.analystforum.com/forums/investments/91363061?page=6

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.

frankybarnes wrote:

Oh, so are you lying now or in this thread? Lol, sad bro. No need to compromise integrity to be right on the internetno

https://www.analystforum.com/forums/investments/91363061?page=6

From that exact page of that exact thread:

Black Swan wrote:

I only bought my first lot with a 14 handle, I wasn’t in from the top.  Sat on that for awhile then took a larger lot when it was trading around $7 even, ended up 9 handle.

https://www.analystforum.com/comment/91850391#comment-91850391

I exited during the like six months it was above $10, not for any particular reason, it was a portfolio move but it worked out.  Even if you choose to completely ignore the reality, you’re still talking about a position I held at a 9 handle that’s still at a 9 handle.

Sorry for your loss again, SAD!  A few days late, but I choose to take the high road like our POTUS.

Image result for haters and losers 911

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

BS: “It was one of my better trades! I made 11%!”

LOL, what a joke, man.

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.

frankybarnes wrote:

<grasping at straws nobody cares about>

Image result for judges holding up score cards

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

It’s cool, I guess our definitions of “one of my better trades” are just wildly different.

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.

Also, nice ninja edit crying

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.

Related image

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Black Swan wrote:

Related image

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.

What the **** is a 9-handle?

edit: nvm I googled.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

What the **** is a 9-handle?

edit: nvm I googled.

How you going to be m&aing on the buyside and not know what an x handle is?

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

frankybarnes wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

<completely out of points>

Image result for sorry for your loss

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Black Swan checking his stock positions.

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.

I’m still learning to be cool.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

frankybarnes wrote:

hjhkjhjkhjkhkj

Image result for yawn

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

i’m glad to see you have attained your degree in military strategy from the game of RISK. but you didn’t pay attention in class. australia is only good for hiding your troops and accumulating 2 troops per turn while the rest of the world fights a war of attrition.

seriously though, hawaii is closer to china than australia and there is already a massive naval base there and its america and there are closer launch points than australia. you may as well just launch directly from the mainland US if you’re considering australia. you are seriously suggesting that china is not going to do anything while the US accumulates like 500k troops in australia? and it must be 500k troops because you think 100-200k troops that are already within short range is nothing.

finally, first guy to post a GIF/jpeg during a debate is the loser. simple internettique.

AU far more substantial, offers a more protected position and access to more regions of CN, it also doesn’t directly put the US at risk.  Very easy to look at the role AU played as a base in WW2 for reference.  It’s also not an either or, which is a concept you really seem to struggle with, nobody plans a war around a single base or access point.  That’s stupid.

Any actual conflict with CN would involve millions of troops, major supply chains and multiple fronts.  Sure CN would actively oppose movements, but its a non-point, as is most of your erroneous rambling to date.

Since you’ve clearly migrated from failing to defend your flawed initial premise or even unseat any I’ve put forward to now making embarrassingly flawed statements about US troop bases, I acknowledge your sad defeat and am forced to declare victory over MLA.  Just know, this gives me no joy.

Matt Likes Analysis wrote:

finally, first guy to post a GIF/jpeg during a debate is the loser. simple internettique.

Tough break Franky.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

LOL, BS you trust MLA now?

There was no debate. You gave yourself an A+ for an 11% return and called it one of your best trades laugh.

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.

my best investment ytd is up ~100%. its prolly a typo for him.

https://www.analystforum.com/forums/investments/91369519

sedg is a real good winner for me. the trade war made it super cheap, in what is otherwise a monopoly. here’s a recent bearish report though:

https://citronresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Citron-Reports-on-Enphase-and-Solaredge.pdf

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

bs, i only started talking about the AU situation becuase i have already won the other debate. you’re arguing for “more urbanization” when that is not material in any way so okay i’m done with that conversation.

i know it may affect your ego, but the gif/jpeg comment was towards you. glad you agree with the logic and that you admit your defeat though.

best of luck in your new job as king of urbanization in an already highly urbanized world.

also i thought europe wasnt really dense. i could have sworn i saw that europe has very few skyscrapers and mostly old frigging buildings.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

you guys have waaaay to much time on your hands. lol

Mike79 wrote:

you guys have waaaay to much time on your hands. lol

At a certain point you do have to take a step back and laugh at this ridiculous thread.  I should be ashamed but it’s also pretty funny.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Matt Likes Analysis wrote:

i know it may affect your ego, but the gif/jpeg comment was towards you. glad you agree with the logic and that you admit your defeat though.

Direct it where you like, but it was still Franky.  Rules are rules.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017