Is this against the rules?

So, over the last 4 years at my firm, I have created an absolute ton of memes. Most of them are financially related.

Problem is, they’re on my work laptop, and, I’m going to be job hopping soon (aka going to a diff firm). But I DON’T want to lose the memes. Is it wrong if I email them to myself? They’re just pictures that have nothing to do with my job. Is that technically stealing company property if I did this?

What if I posted them to public places? And then right clicked --> saved as on my personal laptop from those public image hosting sites…?

Ask your boss if it’s OK.

https://youtu.be/jbeT35wtEG0?t=49

Post representative sample of memes here to judge quality and quantify appropriate level of risk of retrieval relative to reward benefit

Why don’t you just drag & drop them onto a flash drive?

just email them to yourself or put them on a public site like google drive. I would not mention your meme farm to your boss.

USB drives are disabled at most places these days.

Agreed. It is hard to give advice without knowing the material.

Please provide examples

Any memes you have made and/or posted are no longer fresh. Due to the relatively quick transition from meme to meme, it’s best if you let them go.

Or just dump them all here.

Here’s a few of my favorites

[image removed by admin]

I didn’t make these ones, but, they’re worth you guys seeing:

Pretty dank

Strictly speaking, they are not memes until they actually spread online.

yeah i wouldn’t be bringing this info to your boss and i don’t think your firm cares if you have memes unless they are in the business of selling memes. i make $5 making and selling a burger at work and company wants a share? only if i work at mcdonalds.

Wait, you can make money making and selling memes? I guess I’m a little out of the loop on this…

I will sell you memes. Three for $5 or $8 for a really good one. It’s a really good price.

make sure to report income in oba form. otherwise auto banned

This is clearly highly valuable IP that you developed using company resources; therefore, you are taking a major risk by exposing yourself to a lawsuit of intellectual property theft. I wouldn’t risk it.