"build your empire"

So, I just saw this cringey post on LinkedIn where some gal wrote on a napkin

[] Single [] Taken [x] building my empire

And it got me thinking, why is there so much pressure on everyone to “Build an empire”? Is my life a complete disaster if I can’t climb the ranks and pull in $10M+ a year? Will I shame my parents and my family name if I eventually go to my grave without ever building my own international conglomerate or becoming a #1 best selling author?

I’m not trying to say I don’t have goals of my own, but I at least understand that absolutely NOOOOOBODY cares but me. I certainly don’t walk around telling everyone that I’m building an empire either.

Unpopular opinion: Those who usually post motivational speeches or pictures are usually the least successful themselves.

Women who post that are definitely single (for good reason) possibly divorced and tired of seeing pics of their gf’s engagement rings, weddings, and kids on Facebook and Instagram. The perception of working hard is all they got so they post this, “rise and grind”, and ask the other crap.

Most people can’t run their own single life properly much less an empire.

The loudest person in the room is the weakest person in the room.

I made the same thread on a diff forum and everyone literally said the exact same thing as you.

Like, who cares if I live an average life or not in all honesty. quit pressuring me into starting an empire.

It depends how you define success I guess. From what I’ve seen, many empire builders (my uncle being a cautionary example) very often loose sight of what really matters in life. I think even Steve Jobs regretted of just focusing on his empire and leaving his family and other important stuff on the back burner. I see nothing wrong in being just another cog on the wheel and working a 9-5 job that you hopefully enjoy.

Look at Nery, for instance. He is such a grounded, down to earth family oriented guy who only wants the best for his family and close friends.

If you stop wasting time posting on AF and other forums so frequently, you could find the time to solve for $100k, or in Denver, $90k I was told by someone who is terrible at math.

[] Single [] Taken [x] building my empire

Image result for darth vader lame

Yep, nothing wrong at all with that. People who can’t run their lives telling other people how to run their’s, sad.

You need to saw off both the frank AND the beans, son. This is ANALYST FORUM. Where everybody is 6-5, weighs 220, bench presses 500 lbs, and runs an 18-minute marathon. Pulling in $10m? That’s my municipal bond interest, kiddo.

so trump…//.//…

What about people who name themselves CEO 10K a day? ha ha couldn’t help it

a popular slogan used in a commercial for the cartoon show recess always said to aim high, fly low, and stay cool. there is nothing wrong with having ambition. but it is prolly better to not bring attention to yourself. and most importantly it is prolly better that you stay lit af.

you shouldnt worry about becoming the richest person. focus more on percentiles. for example jeff bezos is worth $165b. a person in teh top 1% is only worth $10m. but do you think that the $10m guy cares that jeff bezos has way more than him? prolly not. the 10m dude can prolly live like a normal person, but jeff bezos definitely will not be able to. my point is everyone at the bottom needs to hustle. but at some point, its becomes quite pointless.

also dont live to the expectation of others. my parents tell me how disappointed they are that i cannot afford to buy a million dollar house in redondo beach. i sadly reply, im sorry to have let you down, but my life is lit and i dont give a shit. i set my own goals which are always too high, and when i miss and disappoint myself, i just modify them down. i was hoping to be a millionaire at the age of 30 like warren buffett. but im ok .at 400k i am at the top 3% of my age group so i could care less if i could have done better.

one of my buddies who is super successful brags about how much he makes, the car he drives, the 2m dollar house he bought, and how he is growing his empire. and even though its annoying, its his right as one of the top performers to flex. what i dont like is when poor people flex.

anyways i keep a collection of quotes from people i admire. i often quote them so people think im smarter but really im just copying other people’s work. and

If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Isaac Newton

do you count home equity in net worth?

I remember the first time I told somebody that “many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.” The girl thought I was the second coming of Socrates or something.

You miring’ brah?

I mirin dem glutes

haha this is fantastic!!

That’s worth of a sig haha

I never said I bench 500, I said I squat 500. Bench probably only 300. :slight_smile:

If you ever listen to an earnings call by Sheldon Adelson (Sands Las Vegas), almost every time some analyst asks a question he doesn’t like and he will reply…if you’re so smart, how come you’re not rich? He’s so gross. It seems we are at a moment in time where anyone’s worth is measured by how much money they have. And frankly this is not driven by Wall Street, it is really the tech bros. The money they are making in these short time frames is dwarfing the bankers, private equity guys…and most hedgies.

So, chart your own course, set your own goals. But don’t aim to low, if you aim for an empire you may get a small kingdom…