Do you accept invitations on LinkedIn and never talk to them?

Title.

I’m guilty of this.

If they reach out I’ll always respond but if they invite me, then never say anything I’m not going to just start talking to them. Linkedin went from a ghost town to sort of alright from like 2016-2017 and is now a dumpster fire.

Should have clarified the title. Talk = replied. They message you asking about something and you just ignore it.

oh, usually i always reply

I rarely accept invitations on Linkedin from somebody unless I have at least some kind of connection to them already.

I usually respond if it’s a “legitimate” message. But if it’s painfully and obviously a sales pitch or some kind of automated message, then I just delete it.

Guys, please help me figure out why the guy didn’t respond to me on linkedin. Many tanks.

^ Love it. CFAvMBA’s Indian legacy lives on!

I obvi used his real name and my real name - those were redacted for my privacy.

This is not good, drop the dear sir first of all. “I know the answer is always no with this sort of this if you don’t ask, but at least wanted to see if you’d read my message”. Yikes. It was also very transparent about the job, on networking you have to play the long game. At times its even too transparent to contact people while there is a live job posting if its a small group. Often informational interviews have about a 50% hit rate. Talking about bad habits staying up all night waiting for release, also very, very bad. "That work is honestly fascinating to me; seriously. " JFC, seriously. “I just want to meet people… to at least entertain some stimulating… more people in our networks. I’m sure you get these sorts of messages all the time, but life’s too short to not try I say.” This reads like you shooting your desperate shot on tinder.

Image result for indian meme bobs

Those bloomberg checks are hot - we all know why you are staying up late. That said, I’m surprised you didnt get at least a response - the guy couldn’t setup 15 minutes to chat with you?

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll change my approach. Couldn’t agree more with the long game aspect. I’m going to switch up and just start asking to grab coffee with these guys.

Taylor is BAE. A lot of people do respond to me in all honesty. Some don’t and then I glitterbomb their office, but, that could have all been avoided in my opinion.

Yeah just keep it short, two or three cordial sentences, be polite and thankful, but don’t sound desperate. It’s a fine line. The good thing is networking is a good way to practice this stuff.

Basically,

“Hello, I recently became a charterholder and am interested in ________ and I was wondering if you’d have a few mintues to speak over the phone or grab coffee to talk about your industry? Hope all is going well, thanks again! -Name”

You can add a bit more context about your interest or background in the message but don’t go overboard. Also have good questions prepared and be familiar with topics in their industry.

If you grew up on in the rustbelt, every pretty girl in HS/College looks like Taylor Riggs, it’s a pretty non-descript blond white girl look.

would not consider hot. i would say the hottest is prolly a younger becky quick or amanda drury.

Suze Orman FTW!!!

Becky Quick???

oooo, Taylor from Bloomberg has a CFA, someone should send her a link to the WC, I’m sure she’d enjoy our thought provoking conversations.

Sliding in the LinkedIn DM’s right now.