enrollment benefits

i could porlly ask hr, but lets say ur a chick. you are pregnant and single. should you select employee only or employee + children.

i guess what im saying if you have a baby inside you do you have to select children in order to get pregnancy covered!

Pregnancy is still considered the woman’s health insurance. When the baby comes out, you add a dependent. Why, something going on bro?

employee only, how would you even fill it out if you pick dependent? what would be their name, DOB, SSN, sex, ect, ect ect…

Ay, mijo!!!

great points my dudes. so you add the bugger once they are born. makes sense.

all is well. i just get nervous around this time. i personally just choose the cheapest plan. since they give me hsa money. and i hardly go to the doctor.

assuming i dont cap out. reward for being cheap is 750 bucks.

if i get some kind of cancer. then i lose 650 bucks.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZlu7OxIEGw]

The birth of a child is considered a life changing event (pretty accurate description) by insurance companies so it’s one of the few times you can modify your coverage outside of open enrollment.

i know that. but think from a dude’s perspective.

1st of. how do you know the child is yours. like would they allow you to change it just cuz u say u got some random person preggers. cuz if thats the case. its so easy to make a change at will.

2nd. assuming it is, will your insurance cover the costs before birth for your girl or is it only post birth.

lastly i saw gf’s plan. her shit is super cheap. hmos are awesome. plus she has no deductibles. my shit is like ppo. whack ass shit and expensive

Ay, mijo!!!

If your name is on the birth certificate and/or have signed an acknowledgement of paternity, child is legally yours and that’s what counts, in this scenario.

I don’t know if a child can be on two plans.

Welcome to pre-existing conditions Nerdy.