My dearest pals in Water Cooler...

Happy Thanksgiving you big dogs!!!

What big dog activities y’all got going on today?

Looking at current/prospective investments, reading, then hitting up a few bars to mainly drink and eat chicken wings.

Staying home and gorging:

• Turkey
  • Mashed potatoes with leeks and sour cream
  • Turkey gravy
  • Celery amandine
  • Glazed beets and fennel
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Cranberry chutney with orange, figs, and mustard
  • Spiced cranberry sauce
  • Bread stuffing
  • Rice stuffing
  • Turkey gravy
  • Apple pie
  • Acorn squash pie

Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!

^ You said turkey gravy twice. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

My wife’s list had “Turkey gravy, lots”

That is a list fit for a king. I can envision the family festivities and wish I was there.

hang out with the fam. eat some great food. play some switch. watch some crap. i bought about 2k of shit online today. lotsa deals!

Thats my entire paycheck.

even the internet can’t show me what celery almondine looks like…

It’s probably like trout almondine, but replace the trout with celery.

Perhaps ya gots ta spell amandine correctly.

Celery, slivered almonds sauteed in butter, fennel (our addition to the recipe), shallots, light cream, salt & pepper.

Will enjoy watching Cowboys collapse and underachieve.

How are your sweet potatoes cooked?

We had sweet potato casserole - mashed sweet potatoes topped with a layer of brown sugar, chopped walnuts, and miniature marshmallows.

And Honey Baked Ham. Mmm.

There was other stuff, but it all paled in comparison.

Why doesn’t anybody hate on the Lions? Especially regarding their thanksgiving day record?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Dallas_Cowboys

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Lions

I’d start there.

Well, obviously, you need to buy a lot of make up, name brand purses, and track suits to ship in the Balikbayan box to your uncle and other relatives, right? Anyway, you need that stuff in LA so someone won’t mistake you for a gross poor person. Yuck! We are boujee people here, for chad’s sake.

nah its gift for the fam in la. $500 laptop for my momma.$500 camera for my girl. cheap christmas presents. some tech crap for myself. clothes. shoes. this is just one of the days i buy stuff for myself. might buy an iphone stay tuned

lastly as a personal belief. i dont help poor people unless it is mutually beneficial or they have potential! and that goes for my blood.

You’re right, no need to help poor people, even relatives. Leave them alone with their Tissot watches and only one mistress! Can’t wait to hear if you buy an iPhone. Make sure to update social media @NeryBoss111 #NeryNewIphone11. Tanks!!

nope, still doesn’t exist. yours sounds good though.

I got the recipe from an old Time-Life series of cookbooks called The Good Cook.

We have lots of recipes from those books that we make regularly:

• Celery Amandine
  • Greek Fried Chicken
  • Carne Claveatada (brisket with almonds and bacon braised in a chile sauce)
  • Spanish Beef Stew (with tomatoes, onions, and green olives)
  • Chicken Vinaigrette
  • Fettuccini Alfredo
  • Eggplant Fans (eggplant with tomatoes, onions, celery, carrots, black olives, garlic, artichoke hearts, olive oil, and herbs)
  • Beef Curry (Vindaloo)
  • and others