"Inner cities"

I do not know what this means but I want to know why everyone is so scared of going here? How dangerous is it actually ?

Is it literally like shoot an outsider like parts of SA and Brazil or can peepz visit and media is just fear mongering?

On a scale of 1-10 how sketchy is New Brunswick or Newark considered ?

Where are the poor neighbourhoods in San Francisco and Seattle?

There are videos on YouTube of people driving around the hood late at night

Not dangerous like Latin American cities, just fear mongering. There are certain areas in major cities where if you are wasted at 2 am wandering around you might be asking to get mugged but it’s common sense stuff.

inner city pressure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wqfcwgT0Ds

They’re parodying “West End Girls” by the Pet Shop Boys.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgYJ3bqSkN8]

Lots of friends hanging out after a long day at work and/or studying for the CFA exams.

When you can’t afford the 10 dollar cover!

when cops don’t give a shit about your neighborhood.

Over here in Europe, there are a few neighborhoods that are pretty sketchy; some neighborhoods in Paris, Marseille, Berlin, and the greater Stockholm area. I’ve had a few close calls in Paris and wouldn’t advise you to walk around (if you look Caucasian) after sunset.

Just go check out Garfield, it’s closer.

sketchy = poor

If you were to wonder into east St. Louis or the wrong part of Kansas City at 2:00am on a weekend, I wouldn’t bet on you making it out. You probably would, but I wouldn’t place money on it.

you’ll be fine, just dont venture down some rough neighbor late or look to buy drugs. Plus, since you know we are the most heavily armed nation in the world, you’ll get a loaner gun when you get to customs.

There are plenty of rough white sections in US as well…for example south end boston, parts of nyc suburbs, parts of philly where you would not be particularly safe as a minority. In australia students from india get roughed up pretty regular. Make a scene in a pub in Sydney and a couple of tongans will take you out back and stomp you. Get rowdy in a club in shinjuku area in tokyo and you will be introduced to some scary looking korean and japanese gangsters.