Parasite

Best movie ever! Phenomenal!

Going to check it out one of these weekends, thanks for the rec.

What I find so interesting about the movie, and there are many just like it here in Asia, is the anger that is just beneath the surface in so many Asian society. More and more, people here realize that tycoons are using their power to buy-off government and entrench themselves as modern day feudal lords. It is already coming to a head in Hong Kong and Korea, and I think these countries are the proverbial canary in the coal mine.

Welcome to MEGA.

i hate that saying. canary in the coal mine… i think coal is bad and that is animal abuse! MAGA!

This is basically how they made Australia.

what? earth’s carrying capacity is only 2b? thats ridiculous. please dont listen to that liberal bs. we literally have 7b people. if we were overpopulated then a lot of them will naturally die. even if the world changes, such as global warming, we’d still be good cuz humans are very good at adapting. social unrest is fairly benign. that is why we have no ubi. we literally have a republican president who lowered taxes. id say americans are pretty content even the poor ones. the only ones bitching are the sore losers in the democrat party.

https://ourworldindata.org/land-use

the people who complain are environmentalists. and they are all retarded imo. anyways where is this coming from? why do you think the world is overpopulated? they’ve been spouting this shit since thomas malthus. it is teh most ridiculous argument. even that movie scrooge mentioned. we need to have more poeple. as people are more productive and more intelligent than anything on the this planet. if other species die, so be it, they werent very good at adapting anyways,

firest arent killing enough people. air quality is not killing people sooner. too many people living to old age nowadays. who cares about clogged up oceans and any species that die. they dont really add value. flooding is not a real issue. affects a small subset of people. they can adapt. all is fine. the majority of us are doing well. none of those are real concerns. better we figure out how to innovate and colonize other places than to worry about burning a little gas! Americans consume because we produce. other people need to get their productivity up!

You should study how ecosystems and ecological feedback systems work sometime.

why waste my time reading about hypothetical hyperboles for things that are de minimis.

Obviously Nerdy sees no reason to avoid an overpopulated future in cities with air quality resembling a tailpipe where kids play with discarded soda bottles in the streets and eat garbage fighting over LA Rams 2019 Super Bowl T-shirts with post apocalyptic street gangs aka Manila.

Human density is actually a positive for the environment. Cuz less human impact on other areas

https://youtu.be/ytt-v2zDPig

enjoy. Learn a lot more about your planet. Human impact is huge but it’s nothing compared to nature’s natural effects.