116 hrs so far...

i actually feel a little crazy because i calculated and i study about 30 hours a week. I started around Mid december and that’s… 300 hours already??

Why are you all so worried about the amount of hours you spend studying? Focus on whether or not you understand the material, not the number of hours it takes you.

ok i am on zero and plan to start on Maarch 1. cleared L1 with very good scores ( i mean above 70 band) but had to study like crazy. but i am still hopeful :slight_smile: good luck to all of you and to me too !!

El Matarife Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why are you all so worried about the amount of > hours you spend studying? Focus on whether or not > you understand the material, not the number of > hours it takes you. +1 This tread should go to the dogs.

well, clearly quality and not quantity is what pays off, but I like to keep at least rough track of my hours just because it helps keep me honest. I aim for 20-25 hrs each week and if I am coming in below that amount it motivates me to put in more time. Moreover, it’s not so easy at this point in the game to determine if I am on pace to score a 70% or not, but time is easily observable and provides an easy proxy.

I don’t keep track because I’ll feel like a loser when I log 900 hours while the rest of the forum logs 300 to pass the exam.

Whatever dudes. I don’t know about you, but I’d sure as hell prefer to put in 400+ hours and pass than put in 200 hours and come back next year to try again. You wanna talk about wasting time? Wasting time is going half assed and failing. And I can’t really appreciate that the test isn’t THAAAT important. I grew up poor.

I’m shocked that anybody can put in that sort of time in that short a period. I try to get in 2-3 hours a day most days of the week but 4 hours is about my limit on any given day. I need time to let the info stew for a bit and any more than 4 hours worth overflows the pot. I don’t log time but I’d guess I was about 150ish on level 1 and so I’m shooting for 225ish this time around which by my estimation I’m already behind on.

"I don’t know about you, but I’d sure as hell prefer to put in 400+ hours and pass than put in 200 hours and come back next year to try again. You wanna talk about wasting time? Wasting time is going half assed and failing. " This is what I tried to say but couldn’t as well as Kyle.

Chi Paul Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Moreover, it’s not so easy at this point in the > game to determine if I am on pace to score a 70% > or not, but time is easily observable and provides > an easy proxy. that’s exactly why i keep track. when it gets close to the exam, i have a better idea of how well i know the material, but several months out, you can only guess on how much you’ll retain.

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Besides, if I’m not studying than my wifey wants > me to talk to her. Haha. My wife loves it when I go study. I can’t focus at home so I always have to leave the house to go to a coffee shop or somewhere to study. She loves this cause it gets me out of her hair. Sometimes I think CFA is holding my marriage together… (sad.)