2008 Level 3 Pass Rate

As Virgil often said…Vulnero cervus subsulto maxime. or in Swahili Jeruhi paa anaruka refu.

I would love to become a CFA Exam Marker just to see what exactly I have devoted the last few years of my life to!

totally agree! 88fiveo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > The low pass rate could be a consequence of a > great number of non-native English speaking > candidates. As the number of international > candidates has increased over the last couple of > years, it is possible that we are now seeing these > non-native speakers making up a greater proportion > of the Level 3 exam. While accounting concepts, > FSA, bond analysis, derivatives, FX etc are very > mathematical and translate relatively easily in > most languages, some of the Level 3 text is pretty > tough to follow, especially for Swahili speakers > like myself. Perhaps the candidates in India, > China, the Middle East, Eastern Europe could be at > a slight disadvantage to people who have grown up > speaking English. > > But then again, if you want to work in Finance, or > be an astrophysicist, you may want to bone up on > your english language skills. > > Or perhaps 50% of the candidates really didn’t > study enough last year.