2011 - eBook: The RESOLUTION IS SO LOW!

I bought the ebook last year. The only good thing is the EOC part. Don’t need to flip around pages to check the answers. They have an online version making it easier to compare your answers to the model answers. see: http://wps.pearsoncustom.com/pcp_cfa_level3/115/29600/7577711.cw/content/index.html The printing feature is not very good. You can only print one page each time.

the ebook software looks like it was designed for windows 95. i bought it in addition to the printed materials only as insurance in the event i lose a printed book. i doubt i’ll use the ebook at all unless i don’t have access to the printed matieral for some reason. under no circumstances would i only purchase the ebooks…

bell99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The ebook is terrible. It requires a proprietary > software to run. The download took ages as it > appears that the server is too slow. The text is > slightly blur but tolerable. But the worst is that > it is slow when reading from page to page. > Moreover, it appears that there are only preset > zoom settings. There is no single button to select > your zoom percentage. The zoom depends on whether > you select: “Single”, “Continuous” or “Facing > pages.” Selecting and disselecting Navigation will > also affect the zoom setting. > > Seems to me that CFAI got a raw deal outsourcing > to this vendor to produce the eBook. If I am CFAI, > I will use a very simple approach which is to use > PDF format. It is universally acceptable format. > To guard against copyright infringement, they > could just embed watermark of the candidate’s > personal particulars on every page of the PDF. I > see such technology being used when I purchase an > ISO softcopy document. Simple solution is often > the best. +1 I’m running a Mac, the resolution sucks, I’m glad I ordered the package so get the hard copies in a few more days. I tried to print the EOC’s and they SUCK!!! EOC’s are very tiny my eyes are killing me. I tried to scale it up but on 1/2 of the pages it cut off part of the page. I then tried to save a PDF and scale up would not work. Then tried to copy and paste as a chart and came out so bad I could not read it. Sucks I like the highlight feature and notes feature now I’m confused on how to study I think I may go back to the books and paper notes.

@coshair I also ordered the bundled option. I received the hard copy today and was happy with the portable volumes. The ebook is quite tedious and inconvenient to handle…though resolution is not an issue with my lappy (the cheapest ideapad!)… Can you please elaborate on the refund part?..I have downloaded the books using vitalsource but have absolutely no intentions of using them…can i still get a refund?

erl21982 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @coshair I also ordered the bundled option. I > received the hard copy today and was happy with > the portable volumes. > > The ebook is quite tedious and inconvenient to > handle…though resolution is not an issue with my > lappy (the cheapest ideapad!)… > > Can you please elaborate on the refund part?..I > have downloaded the books using vitalsource but > have absolutely no intentions of using them…can > i still get a refund? I guess yes. Just pick up your phone and call them via 1-434-951-5499. Tell them the story and they will refund you in 10 days. I called on Sep. 21 EST0800 and I’ll check my account tomorrow…

+1. tnks

Try to zoom in by scrolling your mouse while holding the control button. It won’t show a difference until you turn to another page.