2012 L3 Mock Exam

Really glad to hear it. Got 77% on CFAI Mock 2012 and, for the most part, it indeed felt like a walk in a park compared to Schweser 2013 Mock #1.

Don’t be misled by a single CFA mock. It may have targeted your stongest areas. I said above that the mocks are reflective of the exam characteristics, but I’m pretty certain the questions they covered on the actual exam were quite different.

Just try to get as much practice as you can using the same techniques that got you through L2. If you’re practiced, you’ll do fine.

Schweser mocks are needlessly hard because they’re just so poorly written.

I scored in the 80’s on the 2012 mock last year. Outcome…band 9 fail. Made too many mistakes on the real exam, but the focus of the mocks are pretty narrow. A friend of mine scored in the 60’s on the mock and passed the real exam. There is no sure thing other than seeing “pass” in August. Take as many practice tests as possible and don’t get overconfident from high grades on mock exams.

My experience with the actual exams is it asks AAALLL the questions you are weak on.

I reckon that te mock being especially easy this year does not mean the actual exam will be any easier than past years.

I’ve put in more than 600 hrs of studying last year and i failed big time, why?? i think schweser was the reason. This year I have barely put in 200 hrs … I’m not even confident but i feel i know the material better since I’ve read CFAI official books. Since there’s less than a month and a half left for the exam, I think you should focus on solving morning sessions and how you WRITE your answer. I believe I have failed because I didn’t practice on HOW to formulate my answer, i just focused on the correct number itself. Anyhow, best of luck and I found last year’s mock to be harder than the real afternoon session because probably I used schweser for preparations. Best of luck, invest your time well … For me, failing wasn’t a bad thing after all, giving up is a disaster though …

Amen to this point. The best thing that happened to me was getting my arse kicked in the BSAS exam. Scared the hell out of me when I scored in the 50s about 4 weeks prior to the exam. All new focus over last 4 weeks. The same thing happed at L2 with the BSAS exam. I hate BSAS for developing what I thought were unfair exams, but I thank them for scaring me straight.

Are the 2012 mock available online or do you have it saved from last year?

Wait, is the 2013 Level 3 Mock available yet? I haven’t seen it?

Anybody?

And yes the 2013 Mock is available. In fact its printed out right beside me.

I was able to find it online, but it took awhile. I don’t think it’s available on the CFAI website.

Ok thanks b_sea93.