2013 June Level 1 Review

For those of you who wrote in Toronto, what time did you get there? I got there early, at 7 am. I have to wake up for work at 5:50 anyways so I was used to it.

I got there like 8:15, I was stuck in the traffic right outside the building for a while

I thought the morning session was easier than the afternoon. But that might of been to exhaustion halfway through the afternoon session. I will say that it was a fair exam and the questions were worded well.

I felt good about the morning exam until I took the afternoon exam and realized that that is how easy it should feel. The actual test taking time was 6 hours, but I arrived at 8 like they asked and didn’t get out unti 5:30. There was a lot of downtime in think about shit.

Some kids in my center finished and left in 2 hours itself. I learnt later they were actually aliens from kryptonite- how else can anyone finish so early? Whatever happened to human empathy - can these kids atleast sit for a while pretending to be overwhelmed? lol…

Mortal me chugged my way through, seduced by low-hanging fruits that falsely lure you into thinking the exam is so within reach, only to be buried in doubt when swarmed with details you can’t recall for the life of you.

But the afternoon session was relatively easier. Overall, I did learn a lot, let’s see what is in store come end of July. Need to swallow some pride if that dreaded band10 shows up. But, sigh, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I think CFAI mock was easier than real one, so hoping that will get good score as I did in mock. were some tricky questions but in overall don’t think it was tricky, so comments saying that it was tricky frightening me because may be I did not understand questions properly,

after exam was feeling that I passed but while time is passing worries about exam results becomes stronger :slight_smile:

I am a band 8 or 9. Too many easy points missed for the lack of accuracy. In that sense I was surprised - compared to the 3 mocks, CFAI from the 3 previous years, there was a substantial amount of definition type of questions that I did not at all expect. There was nothing tested I had not already seen at some point in Schweser or the mocks. The make or break for me was the fact that I did not do enough Q bank besides the mocks. I am certain that we will see better pass scores this June and a tougher December exam as a consequence. Morning for me substantially tougher than afternoon. The guy next to me left after 2hrs in the morning - I was like wtf. There were 2 guys who came late and didnt get in…and one dude that forgot his passport. And just a lot of people. I thought I would be in a class room with 100 similar souls but no - I would guess some 500-600 in total…and all intelligent looking young folks…which explains why the designation needs to be tough to earn. I took the exam in Zurich - they had free beers at the end which was a nice treat! So…see you guys in December!

A lot of you who don’t think you’ll pass will be pleasantly surprised end July. Keep the faith and good luck!

Thought the exam was a LOT easier than the mocks. I probably over studied for the test- watched all Elan videos, study guides, PQs everything, but it was good that there was nothing on the test I wasn’t prepared for. Loking forward to a fun Summer before jumping into Level II in the Fall.

I thought the results would be coming out two months later not one…that’s what happened with December anyway.

Morining session was a bit difficult. I took a mini-nap after the morning session and the afternoon session went waaay better for me. Diffculty wise I found morning tougher.

Both exams were nowhere close to the mocks. In my opinion the mocks weren’t an accurate description of what to expect in the exams as far as difficulty is concerned. This might be a good thing though as I put in extra efforts after doing so bad in the mocks. Hope it pays off when the results show.

I finished the morning session with about 30 minutes left. Finished the afternoon session with easily over 45 mins. Reading seemed to be a lot easier in the afternoon session I guess. Fair overall exam, hoping for the best, but not feeling super confident. I think results come end of July…

My bad, meant to type July. Edited my earlier post.

hey guys…hope u all did well…

if anyone of you had appeared for level 1 exam last december and re-appeared on june 1, what do u feel was the difficulty level of this one compared to previous one?

some websites had estimated tht last december, those who got around 65% were able to clear it.

might get a rough idea…next 2 months are going to be chilly.

for me, after noon session was comparatively easier…but overall,it seemed harder than scheweser mocks…

I think they were pretty similar in difficulty to be honest.

I thought the morning session was much more difficult. Not a single person in my section finished the morning section early

I feel good about the test but for some reason still nervous I failed :expressionless:

For the morning session, I was barely able to finish. I maybe took 5 - 10 guesses. The quantitative section was easier than I predicted. In the afternoon session, the answers were staring back at me. I was able to bang out questions after questions like bauss. I blew through it in below 2 hours. I may have been one of the first few that left the building the earliest. I was in a rush to finish asap so that I don’t get stuck in the horrible traffic. Hopefully, I didn’t fall into alot of trap questions.

Took Level 1 in Providence, RI… Morning was much more difficult than afternoon. 2013 Mock was 100000x harder than the real exam. Nonetheless, the real exam had a ton more trick type questions…so many tricks.

We’re allowed to get roughly 72 questions wrong and still pass. I know I got a ton correct, but there is a slight chance I got more than 72 wrong.

Ughh…

An interesting thing would be to speculate on the percentage of candidates passing this time…

reason being…no. of students taking the test this yr has increased significantly to 146,000 and even if 33% of them pass, that would equal the no. of candidates who gave the test in 2011 June/Dec.

With the test finding more takers, and there always being a greater probability of an additional candidate taking the exam to fail rather than to pass, we could expect the cutoff marks dropping down to some extent relative to an equally difficult paper if administered 2 yrs ago…if not this, it might be that percentage of candidates passing this time drops to 30% or below…

just an speculation though…

I thought that it was easier than the mocks. I hope that means i didn’t end up falling for the traps.