2013 June Level 1 Review

its only been a couple of days- but this stumped me- i guess I’m already starting to forget Level 1 material!! Part of me hopes I don’t pass so I don’t feel obliged to go on to Level II and have to relearn everything again!

Good luck!

Felt that the morning paper was harder than the afternoon paper. Afternoon paper was good, could actually do the questions confidently. Hope that scores for morning paper will even out and could hit the MPS.

The guy to my left completed the morning paper in like 2 hrs. I was like, “This dude is so full of win lah. Sure pass one.” Me mortal just soldiered on. He didn’t attend the afternoon paper.

Am leaning towards a pass (fingers crossed); but we’ll never know; let’s hope for the best and good luck to everyone!

So everyone is confident !?!?

I guess the MPS will be high. If everyone feels confident that’s likely mean that a lot of people will have a good score.

Personnally, I found the morning session a bit easier. There had a lot of tricks in the afternooon questions.

haha…likely to pose another cause for worry…

btw, no website coming this time to claim some kind of expected MPS?

im sure some dummies do sit for an exam…like the one who just gave morning session as mentioned by someone above, and completing it in just 2 hrs,even though knowing that being absent in one exam would render all of it useless.

Naturally, people that take the time to post on these message boards are ones that take the exam seriously and are going to have scores better than the herd.

Also, I feel as though my experience on Saturday went well, so I’m naturally more likely to check in with others and discuss the exam. Had I done very poorly and guessed on many questions, I’d want to move on with my life and not subject myself to more discussion about a painful experience on an otherwise perfectly good late-spring Saturday morning/afternoon.

Don’t let the sentiment on message boards fool you. There’s a lot of bias here on these boards.

Does anyone believe one can get 80 questions wrong and still pass?

I think you can. It depends on the ones you get right. If you are borderline passing but did great on ethics they might bump you up.

is the “ethics adjustment” scoring greater than 65% cumulative on ethics or is it 70%+ cumulative? to… put you in passing range

Both exams were nowhere close to the mocks. In my opinion the mocks weren’t an accurate description of what to expect in the exams as far as difficulty is concerned

+++++++

Mocks were too easy compared to the actual exam?

Which mocks did you take? Schweser? Elan? BSAS?

Agreed. I also found a lot of tricks in the afternoon questions. Probably they are just tricky to us >__<

What I thought was pretty nasty was this one:

“Assume IFRS is used when not otherwise stated”

Ahead of the FRA section, bolded out. This was new. Not on any of the institute’s mocks 2011-2013. Pretty fucked up in my humble opinion to screw us with this in addition to the rest of the tough shit. Only noticed it during the afternoon session and missed a couple of questions as a consequence.

Man, you REALLY have to read everything, not just the questions. Sounds logic but if I actually owned a brain I would have gone to grad school.

Sorry CFAI, should I have breached the Code and Standards.

Wow I never even saw that.

Does anyone know if that statement was on the morning session? I would assume that it was but only noticed it in the afternoon.

Are you guys serious?!?! The Elan mocks said “Assume IFRS hold unless otherwise stated” so I was on the lookout for a similar statement on the real exam. Thank God!!

I was able to figure out which set of standards they were referring to by what was asked in the questions but I wish I would have noticed that statement in the morning.

I remember at least one or two questions in the morning session where this would have mattered. Anyways, just seems to confirm that Elan does the better questions!

I think I would have noticed it if it was on the morning session… I only noticed it on the afternoon session. And I was thinking to myself, strange that they didn’t include it in the morning session…

Dafuq…Am I the only one who missed this?

I didn’t notice that either… How many questions were in the morning and afternoon session that this would have impacted in your opinion?