2015 or take a break?

I have a collegue who was in a similar situation as you 3 years ago. Similar to you she has a supportive husband. He stuck by his word and took care of the baby about a couple of hours per day and a lot during the weekend so that she can study. She had a complication at birth and stayed at the hospital for about 2 weeks. Even during those 2 weeks she had one text book with her.

Personal circumstances differ.

Whatever your decision is…all the best to you :slight_smile:

I passed Level 2 and Level 3 with a 0-2 year old. I would say as they get older you are going to want to spend more time with them, and have to chase after them more, so get it done earlier.

I know a girl who passed both level 2 and 3 while she was on maternity leave… but it all depends on how you would get effected if you fail again

I and you already failed after a long-term plan and hard study… and I still can’t find a good reason behind this failure…

So think aboout worse case scenario, if you fail again how would this effect your emotion to be 100% there for your new born baby

I thought it was easier to study when my son was a baby - on the day I set for Level 1 he turned 1. I always had a demanding full time job and no family to help out besides an awesome husband (works full time too). It got harder when my son got older (2.5 years old now) because he is more active and demands more attention and I feel a LOT worse and guiltier leaving him to go upstairs to study.

I’d take the test while she/he is still a little baby…

Same here. I would totally recommend going for it now. I also started level 1 right when our first child was born and passed level 1 and level 2 no problem while making time to stud with a little one. It got INFINTELY harder with a toddler that’s on the move all day and all night. Babies are stationary, toddlers are full speed ahead all the time. Plus, they are smart enough to know when they see the CFA books come out they need to fight for the attention so they get extra demanding.

The new baby will give you some incentive to kick some ass too because you know your faimly is sacrificing for you.

I’m in the exact same boat btw, we have another baby coming in December and I failed band 6 too after thinking I was totally prepared. I bungled that morning section pretty badly. I already signed up for the test and I think I’m gonna take a class again (much to my dismay) to ensure some built in study time. No way am I taking a break.

yes use the time to study, i’m far from a parent, but don’t newborns sleep a lot? so study in the baby’s room while he/she is sleeping

Mat leave is pretty much a full time job.

1 Like

Some of these posts are encouraging for me as a L3 retaker in 2015. My wife is due with our first child 3 weeks before the 2015 test. It’s made my 2014 Band 10 Fail a little more painful.

I think you should go for it now since you do have supporting family members plus you have a long maternity leave… It’s going to get difficult when the baby grows up, you start working and have to juggle between home, work, kid… But this time attempt it with the do or die spirit and give it ur all… Or you will regret the time spent studying

Although you might think that having a baby and studying for LIII at the same time would be stressful, the fact is that once you have a kid or multiple kids you cross a threshold and you will NEVER get your old life back – your children will take time, period. If you have a child and want to pursue LIII, the best time to do so in my opinion is actually at your time of life: while babies are stressful (nights of waking up and missed sleep), the fact is that babies do sleep a lot during the day and can entertain themselves with a pacifier or so, and this will give you the time you need to study. Once the child develops further, they demand more and more of your time (at least until pre-school), so the best time to do LIII with a child is when it is a baby, or postpone 4 years until pre-school/nursey school when you can get them out of your hair for a bit.