2020 Curriculum refresh/revamp

It almost feels unfair how drastically the material changed compared to other candidates who rewrote basically the same test again but had a year to focus on weaker areas.

Anyways, I noticed that L1 and L2 pass rates were 2-3 percent lower compared to last year. Do you think it will be lower for L3 this time around?

That is a great perspective I didn’t think about. I kept thinking how it would suck if they revamped the curriculum. But it will actually be good.

Pass or fail I learned a lot on this level 3 run. Going through it again partially with new material would be good.

It is like CFA level 4 for the people who fail this year.

Codtrawler87

Good thoughts. But in the case of redo I hope you get the chance to practically use that new stuff of lvl 3 in your job because otherwise who cares about new knowledge by spending another year of stress. What matters the most is three letters sooner than later with your name and end this journey!

If I were in your place, i would have said same things to myself to keep motivated. But reality is spending another year sucks.

So Good Luck with your results, all of you. I hope you only see CFA with your names this year.

I am a retaker this year and tbh, I did learn more the second time around and I did find it beneficial.

However, if you ask me now, I just want to be done with this once and for all.

Just skimmed through the new LOS. There seems to be a lot ot new stuff. Maybe not brand new but you won’t be able to avoid reading every single page of the new curriculum.

Easy stuff like risk management, trading, perf. evaluation seems to be so different.

Gosh, I’m so angry now, I just can’t set aside this amount of time once again.

On June 16th I thought no big deal if I failed because I’m sure I can do a much better preparation for the exam, but now I’d rather focus on my job for a few years (on top of family), as level 3 material has practically nothing to do with my job (past or future) however interesting it is…

it is not a revamp, 90% or so still the same, they just shuffled the content in different order and added a couple readings that to me looked interesting

The last readings seem to mix togehter risk, trading, and perf. evaluation.

This could open room for totally new questions from new angles. I’m not saying it does not seem interesting, but that’s one thing.

And I’m not happy they touched derivatives.

A quick summary on the changes:

https://youtu.be/xDNsqWUAXi0

I totally agree with this, and will find a way to read the new readings no matter what. Moreover doing so will always be better if I don’t have to stress for an upcoming exam.