3rd Time Level 2

Is schweser enough or i need to study everything from curriculum also?

how much syllabus is covered by people who are giving level 2 next year?

Second timer here! Passed LI on my second attempt as well. Hope to make it this time around!

Is schweser enough?

Mate nobody can answer this. As you have seen here, people reading entirely from CFAI have failed/passed and people reading from entirely from Schweser have failed/passed. Anything becomes enough, until you become confident in the topic area - so you choose your comfortable path.

Or I need to study everything from curriculum also?

You got to do EOC multiple times anyway without doubt. Whether you study from just Schweser or CFAI is entirely upto you.

Sorry if these are not helpful!

dont know how to proceed.

too much confused…

how have you studied for level 2?

and in first attempt you cleared L2?

BE A STAR are you asking me how I studied?

I went for coaching to a place called etenfinance, not great but FRA prof was out of the world and so was Corp Fin and Quants. I used to go to these weekend classes, followed by reading finquiz material and solving EOC questions. I kept doing this and took some 5-6 mock exams.

Last week after I completed my mocks, I used to just keep solving old Schweser mocks/CFA mocks and finquiz mocks. Technically cleared in first attempt, but I registered one year and did not write the exam because of work at office. So the answer is NO I cant claim I cleared in first attempt. Hope this helps.

Totally agree with this. People need to get off the Schweser/CFAI/Elan/etc. bandwagon. I mean seriously, what do yo want to hear? There’s every permutation you can think of regarding study materials and people that have passed or failed using said methods. Bottom line: study the material from wherever you want, just make sure you understand it. If that’s Schweser great. CFAI, great. Just pick one and study and stop second guessing yourself.

^ +1 - I’m one of those people where I ask others what worked/didn’t work for them and constantly evaluate whether my approach/study plan is the best way to tackle this as 1.) I’m paranoid and want to pass this thing and 2.) hearing other people’s success/fail stories gives me those a-ha moments on how I can customize their technique to my needs, but agreed, it’s simply a matter of just really having a good grasp of the material, regardless of the method.

how much syllebus have been covered by students giving level2 asof now?

Agreed!!

I took the CFAI mock just 1 week before the exam, performed badly! Got 58% (AM+PM/2) and still Passed! The key was to analyse the Mock results as Sooraj correctly pointed out. You need to do a self evaluation and see where you stand, what are your strengths & weaknesses and work accordingly. Performed pathetically in Ethics & FRA in the Mock. Worked upon these 2 extensively during the last week and got greater than 70% in both of them.

But suggest everyone to try and take the mock much before the actual exam…leaves you much time to make and execute your strategy. But nevertheless, be well prepared even before taking the mock or else you won’t get a clear idea of your performance.

Good Luck!