40% AM, 90% PM and pass, doest that ever happen?

I wonder what is the lowest score you can get in the morning session and still pass?

I’ll definately return to this topic to see the responses.

I mean it certainly seems possible but it would have to be a very well prepared candidate who couldn’t write well or something like that. Or had to take a really long poop during the morning, idk.

I spent all of my preparation just reading the books and then doing some mock exams in my head. I did not write at all during all of my preparation so the AM was hard. On the other hand I am very intuitive and very confortable with MCQ, so I thought PM was easy. I feel like I could have 40-50% / 80-90%.

I hope the MPS is low. People don’t seem to agree if this was a relatively easy or hard exam this year.

I got punched in the face.

I estimate AM 40%, PM 80%, avg 60 band 7

CFA institute won’t release how they grade the exams. I know someone that has been grading exams for many years & asked him about this type of question. He said that even as a grader, he doesn’t know how the weightings/final pass/fail is done.

Similar to knakoo, I read all books but Ethics (which I know very well) twice and only read the answers of the 2015 AM essay exam. Did not have time to answer 3 questions from the AM session, but found the PM one relatively easy. So if I can get 40-50% in the AM and 80-90% in the PM, maybe there is some chance to pass marginally…

I don’t know but check out my results from last year L3 pass :

Hahahah! I felt like a thief lol

Essay

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Institutional 14 - - * 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 17 * - - 3 Fixed Income Investments 19 * - - 4 Alternative Investments 20 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 - - * 6 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 14 - * - 7 Portfolio Management - Individual 18 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Individual 16 - * - 9 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 15 * - - 10 Economics 14 * - - 11 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 18 * - -

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - - - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 36 - - *

Gives me some hope, as I feel like I messed up four of the AM questions but had a better PM. I bet that many of your <=50 were closer to 50…