50% of ticketed prices at Saks

hehe. well as long as it makes you happy, and as your name permits, i will continue to picture you as a big, laughing, gold statue.

i also find it quite funny that a guy with the screen name ‘buddha’ uses expensive clothes to keep him happy. quite ironic.

As crazy as it seems for a guy to spend that much money on a sweater or turtleneck or whatever, if it makes him happy, he ought to do as he pleases. It’s his money. Personally, I’m not the kind of guy who’ll spend that much money on clothing (but still, even some people here will probably think I spend more than I should), but on some level, I can still relate to buddha. I work hard to earn my keep, so I’ll spend it however the hell I want.

I agree w/ you Numi- I think ppl should have the right to spend their hard earned money on whatever their heart desires, and I also agree that a fine piece of clothing can make one feel great. Its just hard for me to understand when taken to the extreme, especially if it the norm as opposed to the “prized item” and if its puchased on credit in lieu of say… health insurance. I admit I get a bit judgmental, but you live in OK too so you probably can relate w/ my distaste for the general shift in culture towards the 40k millionaire. nothing but love for ya buddha :slight_smile:

Numi–what’s the 1-10 on akanska. Akanska, did you size numi up?

numi and I “got to know each other” over the weekend farley thats about all you will know… get over it :slight_smile:

:wink:

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree w/ you Numi- I think ppl should have the > right to spend their hard earned money on whatever > their heart desires, and I also agree that a fine > piece of clothing can make one feel great. Its > just hard for me to understand when taken to the > extreme, especially if it the norm as opposed to > the “prized item” and if its puchased on credit in > lieu of say… health insurance. I admit I get a > bit judgmental, but you live in oklahoma too so you > probably can relate w/ my distaste for the general > shift in culture towards the 40k millionaire. > akanska, sounds like we have the same sentiments here. live in uptown so i definitely see a good mix of true millionaires (who are usually dressed pretty casually), as well as those guys with $30K/year salaries who max out their credit line just to lease a lamborghini while living in a 300 sq ft apartment an hour out of the city. there are a lot of chill people here and young professionals which i like, but you do find the occasional $30K/year millionaire d-bag here. they’re not too hard to spot though – usually they’re the ones with the fake tans and tacky tattoos, and wear polo shirts that are two sizes too small for them or cheap, one-ply cotton shirts from express that have chinese characters which don’t actually make any sense. i’m sure you know what i mean, but for those of you not from the OK area, here is a good visual representation: http://www.fattonyracing.com/neoimages/funny/Douchebag.jpg anyway, it’s pretty far out – sometimes i feel like there’s not that much room for normal middle class guys like myself here – but i can’t help but laugh sometimes. i’ve even seen some dudes walk into bars with a ferrari keychain (not a key, but a keychain) hanging out of the pocket of their jeans, and i thought that was one of the craziest things i’ve seen. the only irony is that there are women that are actually drawn to this stuff here!

thats AWESOME… I especially love the fact that his triceps *just happed* to be flexed, and that its obviously his parents house. At least he hasn’t layered multiple polo shirts with both collars popped. Bottom line: $$ cannot buy taste or class.

lol…hilarious! now that i’ve taken a closer look at the pic, he suddenly doesn’t look so bad-ass anymore. i’m guessing it has something to do with the purple quilt, goldfish tank and antelope head in the background.

We have a name for those types of people in New York: Italians.

numi, not sure if you are targeting me or I’m just paranoid… but for the record I do make more than 30k a year, I have quite a few credit cards but they are not maxed out, overall my debt situation is okay ex-the mortgage on my apt. I live in a 720 sqft apt, in midtown, admittedly not as nice as your uptown neighborhood, but it is a decent building. I do drive a 6-series, but it was purchased used without a loan. I do tan a moderate amount don’t have any tattoos and do wear interesting graphic tees but they are bought from the Atrium and dept stores, not express. PS I’m not italian, but I do agree with Farley statement.

buddha, thanks for letting me know more about your personal situation than was ever needed. My comment wasn’t directed towards you nor was it about you. I don’t know anything about you, besides that you spend more money on sweaters and turtlenecks than anyone I know. The phrase “$30,000-a-year millionaire” is a commentary on how there are a lot of folks in Dallas that earn lower- to middle-class incomes but spend like they’re millionaires. There’s a level of socioeconomic pretense that pervades certain areas of Dallas, driven primarily by confused individuals who spend way beyond their means in attempt to fool others into thinking they’re wealthy. Because of their vapid existence, these people, in a manner of speaking, do not know how to “keep it real” (unlike myself). “It’s not what you make, it’s what you fake” – this is the mantra of the $30,000-a-year millionaire, also known as the “Douchebag in the Mist” (see below). http://www.dallasobserver.com/2007-11-29/news/douchebags-in-the-mist/

I’ve just bought a new pair of timberland boots for $50 (with $50 markdown) to replace my old pair. I’ve been wearing the same pair of $80 timberland boots for the last four years on every single casual day. Finally, the soles started to fall apart by the end of the fourth year. I own 3 pairs of shoes: one pair of sneakers, one pair of boots, and one pair of dress shoes. The former and latter need to be replaced soon…

sternwolf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve just bought a new pair of timberland boots > for $50 (with $50 markdown) to replace my old > pair. > > I’ve been wearing the same pair of $80 timberland > boots for the last four years on every single > casual day. Finally, the soles started to fall > apart by the end of the fourth year. > > I own 3 pairs of shoes: one pair of sneakers, one > pair of boots, and one pair of dress shoes. The > former and latter need to be replaced soon… YOU DONT OWN ANY SANDALS? HOW DO YOU LIVE?

I have two pairs of slippers.

no sandals = toe nail fungus

firstly, sternwolf is my hero… and buddha, yeah man, geez, nobody’s on your case too hard for real. cfai needs to get this guy his grades so he can let a load off. and to numi, he has full right to spend as he wishes, i just dont’ understand the spend-now worry about it later attitude, its where my inner financial planner kicks my inner equity analyst in the arse. and yes buddha, thanks for letting us know that you meet 60% of the requirements to being a complete douche without needing to. made my hour.