abe lincoln is best president? dafuq

Claim: Belicose Abe didn’t even try raising awareness with hashtags

Verdict: TRUE

Because this seems like something a millennial from Tumblr would post. It’s not an insult. Well, me asking your age wasn’t meant to be. That last part about being a millennial and Tumblr was.

i pardon you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOh7yE_OLjY

^this is being edgy.

just fyi, abe lincoln was against slavery but he still wanted segregation.

27.5 min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Ov1qS67v4&t=3627s

Well, the US does tend to inflate historical figures to create a sense of patriotism and history. Lincoln is depicted as such a good figure that any more details to the story, and there surely are more details, are more likely to be negative to the picture than positive.

Also, there should be a way to control the Presidential ranking for different times and circumstances. If Lincoln was President 20 years earlier, then someone else would have signed the declaration of emancipation, and that President would be the more famous one.

^ Agree. I have also read that Lincoln crafted his speeches to his particular audiences, often contradicting what he said in other speeches. He did this to try to bring both sides together, one speech at time. To say that he “imposed his will” on the people seems rash.

While you all debate this, there’s only one this for me to do:

Image result for nic cage stealing the declaration of independence meme

interesting enough, some of the other winners of civil wars are written down in history as the greatest leader of all time.

henry tudor VII, julius caesar, augustus caesar, mao tse tsung, napoleon bonaparte.

i guess the consolidation of power and strengthening central authority is prolly pretty important.

big government is a big deal!

Nerdy stfu and get your drunk ass to a club

Abe was a legend cause he instinctively got what ma homie MLK was talking about

First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to “order” than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says “I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can’t agree with your methods of direct action;” who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man’s freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a “more convenient season.”

Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

People who make peaceful reform impossible make violent retribution inevitable. Brosef abe played his shit hand spectacularly i say, SPECTACUlARLY

Lincoln got spanked btw lol

Yeah, he attacked the heart of the southern economy in a hypocritical fashion and he was assassinated before he tried to deport all the African-American people to British colonies. The assassination may have saved his legacy

Good post