Advice for June Level 1ers

Here is my top 5 advice 5. Do not overlook ethics (buy the cfa ethics book) 4. Don’t let Schweser book 6 bring you down. The actual exam is not as difficult 3. Concepts over calculations 2. Take the $50 practice exam from cfainstitute, it is the best indicator of level of difficulty and how you are likely to do. 1. Take a second $50 practice exam from cfainstitute, it is the best indicator of level of difficulty and how you are likely to do.

if i were to do it over, i would REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW, there is just SOOO much material

LOS can be very helpful for you to understand what kind of question you might see on exam. For e.g. - If LOS says “Interpret Skewness” - it means you just have to understand skewness & its interpretation not calcutlation. If LOS says “Calculate or Compute” - You need to know the formula to calculate. It helped me to omit lot of details comfortably as they were not required as part of LOS. HTH. soxboys21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There are almost 500 LOS. > > Are you suppose to look at the LOS, read the LOS, > and be able to spout everything out about the > LOS? > > OR > > Are you suppose to know the LOS, be familiar with > the LOS, and be familiar with all the concepts, > definitions, equations, be able to apply it, etc., > and be able to “recall” the information in regards > taking the exam/practice exam?

naivejoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would say don’t go too far into calculation. It > is all about understanding the basics well enough > to have your own answer right b/f you read the > four choices. > > If any one of you is still doing schewser practice > exam, which is generally called book7, I would say > definitely throw it away! That one really did no > good to me except ruined my confidence b/f the big > game day! > > B/s, mp3 audio book helped me a lot. > > good luck everyone! good luck to me and my fellow > candidates on level 2 too. > :slight_smile: > > I am so thrilled, now. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Can I buy the mp3 audio book from you at a discount pleasee??? I spend 2 hours a day commuting to and from work. This can be very helpful. Thank you! -Pon

+1