Advice needed on financial advising - PWM

Thanks Iginla2010 and The.Unit.Root. Appreciate your insights.

Its a different position than the general flavour of most of the board. I think its great from an income perspective and if you like to learn/research but then tell numberous people about what you have learned and help them implement it inorder to improve (hopefully) thier financial position. It is a good balance but the peolple skills are key.

i am currently in a similar role to this chap you are looking to start working for. must say that quality of life and pay is unbelievable. I think family-oriented people that can do this role will find that its the job for them because they can spend so much time with the fam and provide them with good income at the same time. career-oriented people may get bored after a while if they are not social and schmoozers. you have to like people and meeting new people otherwise they will see right through you.

SkipE99 - do you actively prospect clients are you more in a supporting role to the rainmaker? Are you free to prospect clients or does everything run through him or her? Just curious.

no i would be considered the rainmaker…but theres more to it than that lets talk offline- email me at sadeejay@yahoo.com

This seems like an ideal position for any of with well developed communication and interpersonal skills. I don’t quite get the negative attitudes some have towards these positions.

I think the negative attitudes are a result of the retail brokerage industry, generally speaking, pitching bad products to people who are not in a position to evaluate them for themselves. That is, taking advantage of people in large measure.

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think the negative attitudes are a result of the > retail brokerage industry, generally speaking, > pitching bad products to people who are not in a > position to evaluate them for themselves. That > is, taking advantage of people in large measure. Thats understandable, I guess I sometimes expect more naunced opinions on a forum comprised of ‘analysts’

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think the negative attitudes are a result of the > retail brokerage industry, generally speaking, > pitching bad products to people who are not in a > position to evaluate them for themselves. That > is, taking advantage of people in large measure. This is actually, at best, laughable. What did the geniuses of the world do in recent years to bring down the global economy? Those geniuses were the analysts and hedge fund managers. I promise you, the feeling is mutual. Professionals in my office can’t stand the ER analysts either, especially those who keep changing the target price on a stock every couple of days. Those geniuses couldn’t evaluate anything when shit hit the fan. Our client retention rate was still over 90%. Most of the ER guys i know are just jealous of the fact that while we are having beers on a Friday after market close, they are still buried in the footnotes of some mom & pop shop, writing an essay on how their earnings in the next quarter is expected to increase by a cent! And we still make more money!! Hey nothing personal, there will still be Bernie Madoffs of the world around us for a long time.

bodhisattva Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- Dude, I love your online name!

Iginla2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bodhisattva Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > Dude, I love your online name! thanks bro, i would like yours too if i wasnt carrying a resentment from all the times the flames beat the canucks