Advice you wish you had for exam day

I use melatonin just for those situations when I need to go to bed. I’ll be sure to take a slightly larger dose the night before. Might have me a fruity cocktail earlier in the evening to calm me down too.

I find that my body develops a tolerance for melantonin… so I avoid it unless it’s absolutely imperative I get enough sleep… and if you use it before exam day, try to get at least 7 hours with melatonin or else you might feel groggy.

I went out for a night of moderate drinking the night before my L1 exam. I had studied for like 2 weeks straight and needed to not think of the exam. Also slept like a baby that night. Strategy might not work for everybody though, so I can’t go on the record recommending it…

Please don’t.

It’s pretty common to find it hard to sleep the night before the exam. Not sure what to suggest, but just to let you know that most people aim to get a good night sleep before the exam but precious few actually do.

For me, I found it hard to get to sleep the night before, but I did manage to get enough sleep so that between that and the adrenaline of taking the tests, I was able to deal with it and hardly noticed my late night until after the exam was over.

Advice. After all the hard work and hell that you’ve been through preparing for the exam, just let ‘God sort it out.’

I freaking just experienced this Friday night for the PRACTICE EXAM… are you kidding me? I cannot even begin to think what the night before the actual exam will be like. For a practice effing exam, I got one of the worst nights sleep ever. It almost makes me want to start another thread about just this. I have no problem falling asleep at all, but then come 3-4 am, BOOM a shot of adrenaline kicks me and I cannot rid myself of the lingering affects. The adrenaline got me through the exam for sure, but I would much rather have had a clearer mind than what I did. How the heck do you STAY asleep?!

I won’t sleep a blink. Even now, I’m already having difficulty sleeping. I’m just going to accept that’s the condition I’ll be in for the exam. If I do okay on the mocks with little sleep, then more power. Although my health mental and physical are starting to deteriorate exponentially like theta decay.

Does the “If you can’t make an intelligent guess pick the longest available answer.” advice really work?

NO.

No +1

How would you guys know? You don’t get an answer key back with your test results.

I think they are (correctly) assuming that the CFAI isn’t that stupid. You can get to every answer A, B, or C by working the problem correctly or making common calculation or judgment errors.

If I can’t get an answer to calculate I’ll try to look for something else. Like if they expect me to forget to discount it and C is a discounted version of B and A seems unrelated, C seems like a pretty good answer to guess with.

Also if I don’t know the answer but A and B seem to accomplish the same thing then it must be C becasue A and B can’t both be right.

Because I smoked L1 like a chimney.

And a lot of your answers were guesses?

Great advice, I have done this when I had to guess on practice exams.

During my L1, the guy sitting next to me in the exam retrieved his backpack during break from the room we left our stuff in and reviewed his notes/books before going in for the afternoon. I am thinking of doing the same: bringing a pack of notes with me (plus I have the entire curriculum in my phone). Does someone know whether this is problematic?

I can’t imagine why it would be problematic. It may stress you out though, you should just eat your lunch and relax.

Bring toilet paper!!!

lmao!!!

Personally I wouldn’t. When I took L1, I went to my car and checked a couple of answers that I wasn’t certain about and turns out I got both of them wrong. I closed the books and didn’t look at them again. For L2 I didn’t even take any notes or books with me in my car, more likely to freak me out than help.