After CFA, is shooting for MBA a good idea?

I am working in Toronto and I am seriously considering the Rotman program but only after I obtain my CFA charter ( so it’s likely after 3 years as now I only have 1 year experience) . The reason I think Master of Finance in Rotman is great is that the curriculum is beyond what CFA exams caught you and there are some professors I really admire(Hull, specifically). I have done lots of research about master of finance programs in North America, it’s either not provided in most prestigious schools or simply a repetition of CFA curriculum with 50k+ tuition fees. BTW, I also found some really attractive alternative options in business school of Europe and Asia:)

Good to know. I have over 8 years of experience and I am thinking of switching to the academic world. Europe and Asia unfortunately won’t work for me as I moved to Toronto recently.

Once I completed the CFA program I would considered to try to be analyst who can understand financial statement and accounting rules. I will never be able to be a grate analyst if accounting knowledge is vulnarable.

MBA I would considered if I am already that position than I can use it as expected return is extremly risky and initial investment very high.

+1

Therefore, L2 not L3 is the pure CFA, imo.

Based on my own experiences at B school.