AIG - Breaking Good News

tell me - who the frick cares about AIG common?? not me

rohufish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > tell me - who the frick cares about AIG common?? > not me Probably because AIG is held in 99% of all mutual funds in the world. Well at least this news will take some uncertainty out of the market. AIG common will be crushed but probably not as badly as FNM or FRE.

“tell me - who the frick cares about AIG common?? not me” You will care when all the 401Ks are wiped out.

i hope to see a major chnage in management in AIG - as a company, it should never of got to this point. Fundamental management issues. What was their treasury department doing?? an insurance company with a cash flow problem? I have not seen this issue addressed in any of the press/business programs

sorry, but common equity of any firm that invested its capital poorly just is not high on the list of priorities right now. debtholders yes, policyholders yes, taxpayers yes, ordinary low level employees yes, but management and shareholders NO. that is how bad management and sleeping owners learn their lesson. wipe them out.

same old story - bad management, new regulations will not necessary help this kind of ‘moral hazzard’. *sign* there are no new lessons from all of this market crap. short makret memory … new bubble and same old behavior will come out again… greed, turn a blind eye, loosen standards … they say the market will bounce back, sure ,… so will bad behavior …

just got out of night class and i am in shock

just got out of night class and i am in shock

Futures are flat. Everyone in the world must just be like WTF.

good to hear the aig ceo is being replaced … further management shake-up to come. but then again, the new ceo is a part of the government now … that may not necessarily spell a good thing! Hmmmm, i really dont get why the government needs to own 80% equity?

If any other country did this in their market, their sovereign debt rating would be certainly slashed. Nevertheless,government ownership of companies is the new reality. Everybody is doing in it - China, Saudis, Russia. Command style economy is totally awesome.

Did the Fed make obligatory seppuku for the AIG mgt part of the deal? If not, they should have. I volunteer for the role of second.

So you guys think that HBOSplc could be the next big name flop? Lots of Alt-A mortgages on this balance sheet. Willy

i just hope all these mergers that are supposedly going to happen now wipe out shareholders of the bought, distressed banks. thats the needed house cleaning. if there are merrill like deals, the worms are still alive, and they will just infect the healthier buyers, prolonging this further. someone must bear the price of these mistakes, until that happens, this will go on and on.

^ como se dice japan, chicos y chicas?