all topic above 70%?

Managed to get 70+ in everything. I truly believe I WAY over-studied at this point.

mcf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Managed to get 70+ in everything. > > I truly believe I WAY over-studied at this point. I SECOND that … but id rather have done it than not study at all now u must admit zigy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I scored all above 70%…in 2003 and then failed > LII miserably. > > So congrats for your great work, but do not drop > your guard. Remember, your competition will be > much stronger at the next level. > > Good luck!! danke schone ! … im glad someone told me that, i was feeling all high abt that … thanks again. im gonna bookmark this post.

i think it’s best to ignore the competition. just focus on getting that 70%; or 84/120 correct on level II. feel free to get 36 wrong. thoughts on this?

do we have to clear all sections individually to pass? What if I get 50 to 70 in one and on other I get >70?

I scored 70%+ on all topics ajhamb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > do we have to clear all sections individually to > pass? What if I get 50 to 70 in one and on other I > get >70? No, you just need to get an average around 70% (no one knows the exact passing score)

You could: 1. score >70 on the two big sections (FSA and ethics) and score crappy on the more numerous smaller sections and still pass on the other hand… 2. score >70 on the more numerous small sections and score crappy on the two big sections and still fail

>70% in all but I feel I over studied. Still safe and better than reappearing in December.

Just got off a 14 hr flight and checked my scores on the Dulles Wifi… passed with over 70% in every section (started early and went over the curriculum 2.5 times)!!! Pretty stoked right now so I’m gonna go get trashed at the airport bar while I wait for my connection. Congratulations to everyone that passed see you at Level 2!

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > +1 > > >70 all sections for me What is +1? S

Got >70% in all except Alt Inv. Kinda surprised to be honest as I was quite sure that I had messed up econ completely. I started studying 6 weeks before the exam and put in about 120 hrs out of which econ got about 10. I am pretty sure that I had no idea what half the questions were asking for in econ. Well, the whole point here is that under the the right set of conditions and a bit of luck even a monkey can play Mozart. So don’t give up my fellow monkeys.

> 70% in every section. I surprised myself.

More than 70 in all but Ethics! (50 - 70 there)

CAFicionado Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You could: > > 1. score >70 on the two big sections (FSA and > ethics) and score crappy on the more numerous > smaller sections and still pass > > on the other hand… > > 2. score >70 on the more numerous small sections > and score crappy on the two big sections and still > fail What is your take on this: July 2008 6143811 Abhas Bhushan Level 1: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 * - - - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 - - * - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 * - - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Statement Analysis 48 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 28 * - - - Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 - * - We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

Is the scoring a percentage of the questions answered correctly, or a scoring relative to others who took it?

>70% in all topics. Actually surprised myself, while I was pretty sure I passed I was thinking I might be borderline after the afternoon session. This is defiantly a boost of confidence for LII. I DID study my ass off though.

count me in too … got >70% in all

All except ETHICS!!

devilabhas Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What is your take on this: Hi devilabhas, I think the main thing is that the score reporting intervals are so coarse-grained that they may only convey definite information when things are totally clear (all above/below 70%, or very close to it). In the borderline (or even not so borderline cases) the information conveyed by the intervals can imply such a large potential raw score range, that the CFA score reporting is pretty useless. After all is said in done, it’s the number of points you get out of 240 and the minimum passing score that matters, not the way the information as presented by that score report. Anyways, I’m sure you will rock the exam next time!

Also, maybe you can ask the moderator to delete your personal information in your post.

>70% in all except Corp Fin (don’t remember where I made those 7-10 mistakes)… But I did study hard for that…