Am I toast?

yes

I would like to say something really tough & macho but instead I’ll just wish you luck.

Just because people are being let go doesn’t mean the work they did has gone away.

“aren’t even in the ballpark in understanding how they think” Oh and you are? Why…because John Thain told you so on the way back from the unemployment office? Give it up, he’s history. Willy

Dude, don’t sweat it, you will know soon enough. Good luck.

Good luck man, if you make it come back and throw it in my face.

For those who think he’s toast, can you give me one good reason why the firm waits one more day to fire him when he’s boss was axed today? If he was to be fired, they would have just done it already.

It’s for the benefit of the senior executives. They don’t fire managing directors and analysts on the same day which is degrading to the MD to be lumped in with the analysts. When I worked at a large investment bank who shall not be named, they conducted an annual firing of underperforming employees after bonuses were paid. The VPs and managing directors always got canned individually, while the analysts all got canned at the same time.

Tell you what, if you can’t close deals either, if not tomorrow, you will be toast sooner or later

WillyR wins quote: “We know you have been studying for the CFA and working on the quantitative end of things and we think that is the right thing for you to keep working on.”

so you’re not toast??? GOOD FOR YOU!!! =)

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s for the benefit of the senior executives. > They don’t fire managing directors and analysts on > the same day which is degrading to the MD to be > lumped in with the analysts. When I worked at a > large investment bank who shall not be named, they > conducted an annual firing of underperforming > employees after bonuses were paid. The VPs and > managing directors always got canned individually, > while the analysts all got canned at the same > time. What about limo drivers, when did they get canned?

How about this canning story. My fiancee works at a bank branch: A low-cost retail manager came in the other day and said: “We fired ##### yesterday, but asked her to deposit some cash bags on her way home. Did that money get deposited?”

great to hear you made out OK!

What else did they say?

DirtyZ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What else did they say? Honestly, WillyR called it almost to a T. He was let go because he is a 17 year vet with no deals. The COO point blank said that to me. They will hire someone (publicly soon, privately when we have better revenue). I am to assist the CFO and COO who will split my old bosses duties, and I will focus more on the quantitative / analytical / risk analysis end of things at the same time. By the way, did anyone else see that Cantor is hiring 100 new people to their fixed income division by the end of the year?

“Honestly, WillyR called it almost to a T” I win some I lose some. Willy