Any advice for June 08 Exam takers?

cfalombok Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m taking 4 weeks off before the exam > > would this enough to revise everything > > I just started ethics… > > > how many days off you guys take before exxam?? That’s an enviable position to be in. If you study hard going in to that and devote those 4 weeks to it, you will nail it.

Don’t waste time taking notes and memorizing stuff. Focus on understanding concepts and try to make connections between different areas. Q-bank is your friend, use it often. Start doing 120 question exams as soon as you cover everything. CFAI sample exams are great. Don’t waste time on book 6. Actual exam is more conceptual. Don’t get stressed out. It’s all about putting enough hours.

QBank Question: Should we get the online version/download/CD? I saw these 3 options in checkout and was uncertain as to which one to select.

Thanks for the input on how we should prepare for Level I in June. However, a lot of the posts state take practice tests early. But it’s my understanding CFAI doesn’t make the practice test available until 4-6 weeks before the exam. So, from that it appears we won’t be able to take any of their practice test until the end of April.

CFAMember2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks for the input on how we should prepare for > Level I in June. However, a lot of the posts > state take practice tests early. But it’s my > understanding CFAI doesn’t make the practice test > available until 4-6 weeks before the exam. So, > from that it appears we won’t be able to take any > of their practice test until the end of April. 4-6 weeks before is early. 1 week isn’t

I think the practice exams should at least be available in February. At least the NASD/Series 7 gives you practice exams on a CD-ROM so you can practice as much as you’d like without time limit.

The exam is conceptual…so better UDNERSTAND IT. aroudn 10% of 240Q were structured this way. Anthony Ltd copmany has blah blah… A)true 10% B)true 5% c)false 10% D)false 5% so you need to know 2 concepts to get the questino correct… seen in accounting ratios increases in *** causes increases in debt ratios, Net I, etc…

Schweser book 7, practice book is purely wasting money. Do you guys agree.

yup, i bought book 7, but it did nothing for me… i guess it was good to have IF you ran out of everything else, but yeh, qbank, book 6, cfai online, were more than enough

Is it advisable if you will not review a day or 2 before the exam just to relax your self & better concentration?