Any former smokers on here?

add having blue balls.

Harder.

“Hon, get yourself wet while I go have a smoke.”

Kindbud gets me way too down, as in acutely depressed.

Could never use it for an effective cig abstinence

I quit for one year ironically, when I was

young and less fearful. .

i used chewing tobacco (dip) to get over the urges of smokes. Lot easier to quit dip then cigs.

The images of dip cancer are horrific on at least 1.5 scale over cigs, and mainly because of the rapid onset of cancer.

But you would initially get a much better buzz with dip, and even better if you didn’t swallow.

That’s why those dip pouches are well, a good business plan, but doesn’t factore in CCR. Or whatever that is, the consumer consciounce environmental, I dunno, some moral acronym, crm or …

Not the Creedence Clearwater Revival.

LOL. Smokers the dregs of society. One step below people addicted to scratch lottery tickets.

A couple guys dip here in the office. If I go down that road I’m afraid I’ll be doing it all the time. At least smoking I have to get off my ass and go outside…

Currently at ~60 hrs without, and it’s actually not that bad yet. Got invited to visit my college buddies for a paddy’s day party in the next city this weekend though… 3 hour drive + drinking all weekend will be a real test.

I quit after passing my level 1 exam when i stopped taking PED, and swore never to touch it again during my level 2 studies. Im in my level 2 studies, and off the wagon.

It’s not a test–it’s suicide.

If you want to quit, don’t do it.

Half a pack a day for 10 years.

Two unsuccessful quits - 18 months and 6 months.

Current quit - 3 months.

This quit is permanent. Very different mindset than the 18 and 6 month failed quits.

A quote from Jon Stewart that stuck with me had me in the wrong mindset for years. Something like: “Quitting smoking is like having a best friend that you just can’t talk to anymore”.

Smoking is not something to be remembered fondly or regret not being able to do. It is disgusting. It is expensive. It kills you.

Read this book: http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

A lot of it is just common sense, but the way it is presented creates an overwhelmingly convincing case. I immediately stopped cold turkey, no patches or drugs. Barely any cravings. Going out drinking is not a concern at all (had to avoid it for a while for the previous two quits).

I hear ya, last time I quit it was because (a) it made me feel like shit (light headed and all that), and (b) I felt like a loser - never saw anybody else smoking, ever. But as soon as I quit I started seeing *everybody* smoking, and the real trigger was watching any tv/movie, as soon as somebody busted out a smoke, the craving was back in full force. And there’s so many fond memories that involve smoking.

Head knows the smoking didn’t make those memories good, but body likes to convince me it did.

Edit: that book’s got some seriously good reviews… maybe have to give it a read and figure out what it’s all about

Bump–cuz CvM made me do it.

How’s it going, Wood?

Bump.

I smoke for about 6 years. I quit about a year ago without too much fuss. It’s different for everyone, but in my fortunate case, I was just over it. I got to where I’d go smoke and physically feel worse after I smoked than before. Once I realized that it was pretty easy to just keep that in mind and quit. It also helped when I felt a craving to tell myself that the fact that I was addicted and craving a cigarette was pricisely why I had to stop. You also have to break the subliminal cycles. I got used to smoking in my car rides so I had to go through the initial month of forcibly curbing that behavior.

Bump. Just 'cause.

When I moved to Asia I started smoking while out drinking, cause everyone does that here! But then it becomes a habit.

And then I just stopped. You just stop by stopping , period, the end. It sucks for awhile, now I never even think about it.

Does anyone in the West still smoke? I thought the libs basically banned it.