Any interest in starting an online petition to have Level II twice a year?

Once a year sucks. I’ll be re-taking Level III for the third time next year. . . . .but yes, once I get pass this mother, I don’t need it to be any easier for the young guns coming up to destroy me.

This may be borne out of frustration at potentially not clearing L2 as fast as one might hope. Once you are past it though, you realize it does not really matter. With four years of work experience needed anyway, the current schedule is fine.

CFA Institute’s mission is to improve the profession. Adding extra L2 sittings really won’t. If the institute wants to improve revenues than I’d rather see them offer the exam in more lanugages. That would be a much better use of resources and increase the value of the Charter (more global and more inclusive of the best investment professionals around the world).

MCAT, CPA, Bar etc. are all seperate, different and irrelevant to this question IMO.

More frequent exams = higher cost = higher member dues = I’m not a massive fan.

fyp

How are these different? Actuarial and CPA are about as close as you can get to CFA exams and they are all offered mutliple times.

So wheres the petition (?)

Here is a good petition website. And it’s free:

http://www.ipetitions.com/?campaign=1&kw=online%20petition&gclid=CMWR05bB7LACFUlN4AodZjd7tQ

Why torture yourself once a year when you can do it twice a year :). Good luck and yes I’m in favor of this.

Thanks Andy but I thought you passed for sure. I’ll set this up when I get home. Hope the CFA doesn’t black ball me!

I am for this, thought about doing it last month.

Yes, it makes it easier to get the designation but there are probably few designations where you can only take the test annually (I don’t know of any). This method only makes it harder to get the charter, but does not increase the knowledge of the candidates in any way.

Miss Cleo - if you start a petition I would suggest that you do not put any of your other ideas on there (I know you have many), keep it simple.

1x per year is fine. of course, I’m biased since I passed. won’t try L3 til 2014 tho cuz i got full time school now

Are you aware that if and only IF the CFAI is gonna bend down to your petition, you are probably not gonna benefit from it personally. I mean its gonna take the CFAI @ least two years to implement the changes. By that time you would have successfully completed the CFA program.

The irony will be that Miss Cleo passes this time and then nothing will happen haha. I would favor two times a year. Or something like if you have failed twice you can take it every 6 months.

Too simple: CFA can decide how they want to structure their program. They are under no obligation to follow what others do and I don’t think there is any creditable data that would show that adopting what CPA does (for example) would have any real “greater” benefit. What about my suggestion of other languages though? Do you feel that is a lesser use of the resources in question?

Not that this is inherently good or bad, but I think you would see a (relatively) large increase in pass rates if the exam were offered in multiple languages.

I’m against it, but if they wanted to switch to offering Level II every other year I’d be in favor of that.

^ haha good luck with that

i think i will hurt the CFA status… after this there will a CFA boooom and qualify of good people and compensation offered will be compromised

Has the CFA been compromised because getting a Charter before 2003 was a complete joke, and basically everyone who signed up got one? Have all of those less than quality people compromised the quality of the CFA charter? Also you do realize that pass rates on Level I went down after they offered it twice a year don’t you?

^^^ are you talking pass rate or # of people that passed? While the pass rate may have decreased, I’d assume the total number of people passing increased.